Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Ongoing audio and pixelation issues which Comcast refuses to fix.

Frequent Visitor

Ongoing audio and pixelation issues which Comcast refuses to fix.

I am still having issues with audio dropouts, and then pixelation about a second after the audio drops out. This has been going on for over a year now. It happens mostly at night after about 8PM, but sometimes this happens during the day. WHen it starts to glitch it starts about every 15 to 20 minutes or so, and then as the evening goes on it gets more frequent. At times it happens so frequently that it seems to lock up something on my box where in the middle of a show I get an alert that I am not subscribed to the channel that I am currently watchng. It makes watching TV at night really annoying.

When this glitch happens, it happens on both TVs in my house, and when using the remote i can rewind the stream and see it happen.

Over the past 15 months I have had at least 30 or 40 local techs come out to my house to try and figure out what the issue was.

One day I had multiple supervisors come out and they replaced all the cables and fittings, they insisted that the issue had to be something in my house that was interferring with the TVs, that it must be something that I have that must be cycling on and off especially at night.

Then they said to prove that it was an issue that is inside of my house that they would send a tech out that night and he would watch TV in his van outside of my house. And that if he did not have any issues, then it would show that the issue was in my house and not a Comcast issue.

That night a tech came out and he connected to the tap on the street, and started watching TV. As soon as I started to notice the audio dropout and pixelation I went out and talked with the tech. He was just setting things up. After about 20 minutes or so, he also saw the same issue on his TV, that was seen on my TV in the house. He said that the fact that he was able to see the same glitch in his van, that this was definately an issue on Comcast's system and not coming from my house. He also stated that when he touched the tap outside of my house after this started that he got a shock.

Now that its shown that it was an issue on the lines, and it was not something that is coming from my house, I was hoping that they would try and fix it, but the service supervisor contacted me and told me that since the issue isnt a continous problem, that they would have a hard time locating what was causing the problem, and that I would just have to deal with it. And that once the problem starts to happens continuosly, that then they can send a tech out to try and fix the problem.

Now when I contact tech support they tell me that I need to contact the local office to see if they will fix it. When I contacted the local office they said that he would pass it up to the head of the department, and that someone would contact me. the next time I contacted the local office they told me that they dont have any open work orders on my house.

It would just be nice to watch TV without having any issues.

I see TV ads all the time about how Comcast service has gotten better, and that they will do whatever it takes to solve a problem, and this definately is not my experience.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ongoing audio and pixelation issues which Comcast refuses to fix.

Comcast needs to send out a "line crew".

They are responsible for the lines and network leading up to the box in your yard.

Also, I suggest you file a complaint with your local cable commission. From what I understand, legally Comcast MUST respond to them. Roughly 10 years ago that was how I finally got my issues resolved.
Regular Visitor

this does sound to me also a line issue. i was told by a comcast super that somewhere on the line is an amp that sometimes goes bad causing these issues. in my case the main line coming into my house was being split before being amped. ur case however definitly sounds like a line issue. before i found out my problem i tried to get line techs to come out but they never did. keep calling and sooner or later they will find the problem. good luck. 

Frequent Visitor

I know that its a lline issue.  Neighbor down the street that is a Comcast technician, and is on a different line does not have this issue.   I was told that I am on the end of a run and that it may be interferrence by someone else on the line before my house or a bad ground in the system. Its just been 1 thing after the other with no fix.   

I don't understand the unwillingness to try and resolve it.  There has to be a point where the signal splits and one line goes to the neighbors down the street that dont have the issue, and another line goes to my house. Start with one amp, replace that and/or make sure that everything is grounded at the amp. If it doesnt fix the issue then replace the next in line till its fixed. 

The attitude that they cannot let a customer know that an amp has been replaced, and that I should just wait till it goes out totally makes no sense on a customer service standpoint.

Expert

kevin-b wrote:

I know that its a lline issue.  Neighbor down the street that is a Comcast technician, and is on a different line does not have this issue.   I was told that I am on the end of a run and that it may be interferrence by someone else on the line before my house or a bad ground in the system. Its just been 1 thing after the other with no fix.   

I don't understand the unwillingness to try and resolve it.  There has to be a point where the signal splits and one line goes to the neighbors down the street that dont have the issue, and another line goes to my house. Start with one amp, replace that and/or make sure that everything is grounded at the amp. If it doesnt fix the issue then replace the next in line till its fixed. 

The attitude that they cannot let a customer know that an amp has been replaced, and that I should just wait till it goes out totally makes no sense on a customer service standpoint.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

kevin-b, thanks for reaching out. I'm not a tech, but from my experience this sounds like there might be possible water damage to the line that is causing the pixelation and maybe even the audio drops. 

The node in your neighborhood is healthy but I do see signal issues reflecting on your cable boxes as well as your modem. Before we can look at scheduling a tech visit of any kind, I'd like to send a few signals to correct some of these errors I'm reading from your equipment. Please let me know when I can do so. 

KenF

Expert
Moved:

Regular Visitor

me too! So sick of dealing with it, I am ready to cut the cord. Checking into other options now.
Expert

kmya wrote:
me too! So sick of dealing with it, I am ready to cut the cord. Checking into other options now.

since you did not hit the quote button not sure what you are replying about in your post. Are you having a particular problem on some or all channels?