Community Forum

On demand isn’t......

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

On demand isn’t......

So, am I to understand that just because I payed to watch a program, not everything is available “on demand”? An example would be the new Star Trek tv show. Seems anything popular, which would cost Comcast more to buy, isn’t going to happen. Most shows are available a day or two after broadcast...Comcast needs to dig a little deeper into its oh-so-deep pockets and pony up for the shows people actually want to watch.

Official Employee

Re: On demand isn’t......

Star Trek, is only available on the CBS All Access app by CBS' choice

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Also, if you're interested in reading here's a link to a lengthy review I found on google when looking for info on cbs all access.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/cbs-all-access-worth-it,news-25907.html

"Is CBS All Access Worth It? (Aside from Star Trek: Discovery)

Almost two years after its announcement and 10 months after its intended airdate, Star Trek: Discovery has finally arrived. Fans tuned into CBS to watch the first new episode of Star Trek in 12 years, and — for the most part — really enjoyed it. “The Vulcan Hello" was exciting, unpredictable and, most importantly, free to anyone who had access to a TV antenna, just as Star Trek has always been."

ciao, bj

New Poster

What frustrated me about the On Demand is the fact that it takes up to 24 hours to watch a show after its aired. On my previous system (not x1) you could watch a show that had previously aired at 1am (example "How to get away with Murder" aired at 10pm Thursday would be available by 1am Friday). I finally have a dvr but for shows I don't record it can be frustrating.