Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

On Demand programs not listed

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

On Demand programs not listed

We currently are NOT using X-1 and I have noticed that some of the programs that have been On Demand in the past are not accessible, i.e. not listed in the on-screen menu.  However, they are listed on-line on the Xfinity website as being available.  Namely, "Blue Bloods" and "MacGyver" for the new season beginning 9/29/17.  Is this just a scheduling issue or are these programs only going to be accessible through X-1? Also, the latest episode of "The Last Ship" (episode #8 airing 9/24/17) is also not listed through my television screen.

Official Employee

Re: On Demand programs not listed

Hi Library-lady. Certain programs are available to watch On Demand through your cable box equipment, and other content is made available to watch specifically via streaming on our XFINITY Stream online service. To find streaming content, you can login to https://tv.xfinity.com/ or download our mobile app 'XFINITY Stream'. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: On Demand programs not listed

I was aware of the streaming availability and that would be fine IF I wanted to watch through my laptop by myself, however, I prefer to watch on the large screen TV with my family, instead of all of us huddled around the small laptop. We do not own a smart t.v and do not want to upgrade to X-1 because I would lose so many recorded DVR programs. When they can come up with a system to transfer content or I have finished watching unwatched programs, then we will upgrade.  Thank you for your suggestions.