Community Forum

On Demand / TV / Recent TV Shows

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: On Demand / TV / Recent TV Shows

Thank you, by Selecting on watch did the trick I no longer see the series that was recorded earlier in time thank you very much.

New Poster

TV shows appear in this list because one or more episodes are listed as "watched".  To remove a show from this list, you must go to On Demand, click on the TV show and then mark each individual espisode as "unwatched".  Once that is done you can exit On Demand and the next time you hit the Xfinity button on your remote and select On Demand, that show should no longer appear in the Recent TV Show list.

Regular Visitor

I called the help desk and was told the just click on the trash can.  I told them I didn't see a trash can icon.  The rep just could grasp that.  I wish this was fixed. 

Gold Problem Solver

Rick,

I agree... Add it to the list of countless things X1 could do better...

Regular Contributor

Still think users should be able to edit this list. Heck, just activate the "D" button here in the same manner that it's used in Last Watched (via Last button). If anyone from Comcast would care to add their $0.02, I'd appreciate it. Surely this has come up before ...
Gold Problem Solver

You busted... But I won't tell your wife... LOL

Anon24542 wrote:
Hey now, my wife might see that comment! ;D

Regular Contributor

Hey now, my wife might see that comment! ;D
Gold Problem Solver

I see your point but I don't see a fix...

Who are you trying to hide your viewing history from...LOL LOL LOL???

Anon24542 wrote:
Thanks Rick, but I'm referring to a different list. On your remote, press the Xfinity button, then arrow to "On Demand", (Ok), arrow to "TV", (Ok), arrow down to "Recent TV Shows", then try to remove one of them or clear the list completely. I cannot do so, and amazingly I've never been able to.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Rick, but I'm referring to a different list. On your remote, press the Xfinity button, then arrow to "On Demand", (Ok), arrow to "TV", (Ok), arrow down to "Recent TV Shows", then try to remove one of them or clear the list completely. I cannot do so, and amazingly I've never been able to.
Gold Problem Solver

Unplug and reboot the box.

I just pressed last, then pressed D and it offered to delete this channel or all channels. I was able to delete that one channel.

It is working fine for me....

Anon24542 wrote:
Is there no way to clear this list or delete individual shows? I even tried the "D" button and that didn't work. So a TV show (thumbnail) that I watched one episode of 6 months ago will be listed as a "Recent TV Show" forever? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Regular Contributor

On Demand / TV / Recent TV Shows

Is there no way to clear this list or delete individual shows? I even tried the "D" button and that didn't work. So a TV show (thumbnail) that I watched one episode of 6 months ago will be listed as a "Recent TV Show" forever? Please tell me I'm wrong.