Community Forum

On Demand Subscription Issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

On Demand Subscription Issue

On Demand Issues - When I try and utilize On Demand through the mobile app it states that "A subscription is Required to watch this program"...yet I had it yesterday and nothing has changed with my subscription.

Please advise.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: On Demand Subscription Issue

DebNW wrote:

On Demand Issues - When I try and utilize On Demand through the mobile app it states that "A subscription is Required to watch this program"...yet I had it yesterday and nothing has changed with my subscription.

Please advise.

Are orange keys appearing on Xfinitytv.com through your computer?

What are you trying to watch?

What device or tablet are you trying to watch videos on?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I'm only attempting this on my iPad (IOS5).  Either HBO shows (which I subscribe too) or my kids trying to watch Nick or Disney shows.  No orange tabs appear - I haven't figured out how to maneuver On Demand through the computer yet.

Official Employee

DebNW wrote:

I'm only attempting this on my iPad (IOS5).  Either HBO shows (which I subscribe too) or my kids trying to watch Nick or Disney shows.  No orange tabs appear - I haven't figured out how to maneuver On Demand through the computer yet.

Try uninstalling then re-installing the Xfinity TV App and then try watching a HBO video. Your account seems in check so it may be just something minor that is causing this conflict.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still says I need a subscription for channels I already subscribe to, like HBO and STARZ. 

Official Employee

rekiefer wrote:

I am having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still says I need a subscription for channels I already subscribe to, like HBO and STARZ. 

Are orange keys appearing on Xfinitytv.com through your computer?

Is HBO and Starz working on your TV?

What device or tablet are you trying to watch videos on?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Turns out it was operator error on my part  It is working now. We had a DVR that was replaced but never taken off our account, and the wrong DVR was selected. Nice to know you were ready to help.