Community Forum

Older DVR recordings Slow FF/RW Bad Video quality and no DD since changing to newer DVR Boxes!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Older DVR recordings Slow FF/RW Bad Video quality and no DD since changing to newer DVR Boxes!

You’re absolutely right and I had the same issues as you did watching some cloud recordings.
Regular Contributor

Re: Older DVR recordings Slow FF/RW Bad Video quality and no DD since changing to newer DVR Boxes!

wrote:

wrote:

I exchanged my older DVR boxes for the new 4K XG1V4 this week and everything is great except one annoying thing.

I noticed that all my recordings now fast forward and rewind a lot slower then they did before. Also the video quality looks a little worse and also none of them play in Dolby Digital on my Denon receiver either now. However I did some new recordings with the new DVR boxes hooked up and all the new recording fast forward, Rewind like normal and also have great video quality and Dolby Digital works too.

So the good news was that all my older recording returned on the new DVR's however they all suffer from the issues above.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Those are cloud copies of the recordings and not the same quality as right from the hard drive like your newer ones.

Thanks for the info ComcastAndrew

I am glad to know that it is not an issue with my new DVR's Smiley Happy

By the way the new XG1V4 is so much faster and smoother then any Comcast X1 box before it!

I figured it would be a little better but man I am telling you it's like night and day for me. All parts of the X1 menus are very fast and responsive with almost no slow down at all.The poster art even shows almost instantly now, Fast forward and Rewind for local recordings is more responisive and the Youtube app is much faster at opening videos then it was with older X1 boxes.

In my opinion anyone who uses X1 DVR's should try and upgrade to the XG1V4 as fast as you can. Even if you do not have a 4K TV it's still worth it because of the much faster and responsive menus!

If I was Comcast I would want our best hardware in peoples homes to best show off what Comcast cable is capable of and the XG1V4 is indeed that hardware!

GO EAGLES!!!

Official Employee

wrote:

I exchanged my older DVR boxes for the new 4K XG1V4 this week and everything is great except one annoying thing.

I noticed that all my recordings now fast forward and rewind a lot slower then they did before. Also the video quality looks a little worse and also none of them play in Dolby Digital on my Denon receiver either now. However I did some new recordings with the new DVR boxes hooked up and all the new recording fast forward, Rewind like normal and also have great video quality and Dolby Digital works too.

So the good news was that all my older recording returned on the new DVR's however they all suffer from the issues above.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Those are cloud copies of the recordings and not the same quality as right from the hard drive like your newer ones.

Regular Contributor

Older DVR recordings Slow FF/RW Bad Video quality and no DD since changing to newer DVR Boxes!

Any ideas?

Thanks