Community Forum

Not enough space to download

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Not enough space to download

I am trying to download my first TV show. It is a 2 hour movie. I keep getting an error message saying that there is not enough room on my device. I have a blank 64g microsd card installed, but I don't see any way to save the show to the card and not the device. Any help would be appreciated. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Not enough space to download

Somnu001 wrote:

I am trying to download my first TV show. It is a 2 hour movie. I keep getting an error message saying that there is not enough room on my device. I have a blank 64g microsd card installed, but I don't see any way to save the show to the card and not the device. Any help would be appreciated. 

The download does not go to a microsd card, but to the device's internal memory... it is how it is designed.  Try freeing up internal memory to see if that solves your issue.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Silver Problem Solver

If your Android device (I assume so since you mention SD card) will offer the Marshmallow (Android 6) upgrade, then you may be able to use that SD card. Marshmallow allows an SD card to be configured as Internal storage, where it's treated just like regular memory. Doing so makes it unreadable for anything other than that particular device, though, so you cannot swap it around without reformatting. To work as internal memory, the card needs to be a high-speed card, typically UHS-1 or faster, and the device must support those speeds.

I should mention it's up to the manufacturer to support that feature. Samsung has mentioned that some of their phones will NOT support it since they think it's too slow.

New Poster

Trying to download to the device, over 15g free, no card installed, not enough space. Explain? Surely a half hour hd show isn't 15+g.