Community Forum

Not authorized to watch CNN

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Not authorized to watch CNN

Hi, when I tried to watch CNN live on my computer through their website, I had to sign in but when I did it says "You are not authorized to view this content".  Could this be an adobe flash issue?  Something else?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not authorized to watch CNN

I just went there and clicked tv, then live tv and the video started playing.   I did not need to login.

New Poster

Same problem here.  I used to work and now it doesn't says to contact Comcast.

Official Employee

Try deleting your cookies and cache and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

It doesn't work for me either any more. I cleared cookies, cache, browsing history, and tried from two machines, with the same result.

New Poster

same thing here I cant see it in my laptop but in my computer no problems at all... weird thing

Frequent Visitor

There hasn't been a decent resolution to this problem it seems.

I am having the same issue.  All of a sudden, I am told I need to start paying for CNN.

I have X-finity Internet only (canceled my Cable two months ago because the quality was so bad) but I still have the certain TV shows I can watch and CNN, ESPN, HLN, etc... but NOW, I can't watch those without being told to pay money and subscribe to the TV.

Is this a change in policy now?  Is Comcast squeezing more money out of us?

Would like an answer from Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Tried to activate but COMCAST/XFINITY is not listed as one of the IP's participating.

New Poster

Comcast needs to FIX the CNN App problem ASAP or COMMUNICATE if terms have changed and cable TV subscribers are no longer granted access to CNN Live TV. This App previously worked fine on my iPhone and iPad, but now gives me a "not authorized" message upon successful sign in. Just another example of lousy Comcast service that leaves customers in the lurch.