Community Forum

Not all X1 DVR Recordings in the cloud - SOLVED Not Good Answer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Not all X1 DVR Recordings in the cloud - SOLVED Not Good Answer

New Information -- I went online and looked at my recordings on the tv.xfinity.com/recordings while logged into my acccount.  It says that I only have 38 Recordings @ 84% full.  Specifically, I had 47 Episodes of 12 O'Clock High, each Lo Definition.  I now have 7.  I found this little tidbit on Xfinity FAQ.

• Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than that on your TV. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV.

That was not known by the support crew.  So, if you have something on your DVR, and you change DVRs, be aware that as things stand today, you will lose everything that was not in your last 60 hours of recordings.  In my case, that was around 60 days.

I have an ongoing problem.  I'll describe the underlying problem in another post.  This post is relating to the fact that it appears that DVR Programs are not backed up indefinately.

I had to have my X1 DVR Box switched out becuase of a "Guide" issue.  I had around 90% of my DVR space used.  I recorded over a period of months or years programs that only come around once every few years and are not available "on demand", like 12-O'Clock High.  When we switched boxes, I had 90% utilized, and a lot of programs stored.  The new box was supposed to synchronize from the cloud, but all that I can recover appear to be only those that are less than 60 days old.  I have only 38 recordings, instead of a couple of hundred that I had recorded.  I can see only 7 episodes of a show that I had 40-something episodes recorded.  

Are these recordings lost forever?  Is there any way to recover the programs?

If I were to get the old box back, since the box replacement did not fix the problem that I will write about in a seperate post, Is there any local storage on the old box that still has all the 

programs that I recorded?