Community Forum

Not Authorized message for most of my HD channels

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Not Authorized message for most of my HD channels

I have paid for HD and have the correct package to view TNT, USA, ESPN, and many others in HD. However, since June 2011, I only get a message that says "Not Authorized" when I go to these HD channels.

I was told to get a new box; I did. It didn't fix the situation. I know this is a back end problem on Comcast's part, but they aren't admitting to it or addressing the ultimate problem.

They have sent and resent numerous signals. None of that ever worked. I am fed up and have lost all patience. I cannot handle another chat session or phone call especially when I know they just need to resend the right signal that AUTHORIZES me for the service I pay for.

Does anyone else have this problem? Was it ever resolved?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Not Authorized message for most of my HD channels

I know it's frustrating, but if you want Comcast to fix the problem, you will need to keep after them.

Since you've already worked with the phone reps and swapped out the cable box, I would not hesitate to email the Comcast Cares team at we_can_help@comcast.com. Their job is to resolve difficult problems. In your email describe the problem you're having and what has been done to correct it. Also include your:

Full name
  Service address
  Account Phone number, best number to call, and best time to call
  Account number

If it was me, I'd also be asking for a healthy credit for the period of time you had partial service.

Good luck!