Community Forum

No xfinity on Droid tablets

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No xfinity on Droid tablets

I was so surprised to discover that I can't watch xfinity on my Galaxy tablet!  What is Comcast thinking in blocking such a large market out?  When I purchased my Droid tablet, I didn't even consider that I couldn't watch xfinity -- that was one of the main reasons I bought it.  Is there a timeline to give Droid uses an xfinity app?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: No xfinity on Droid tablets

there is an xfinity tv app but it only lets you control your dvr if its motorola or change channels with it.  Even on apple products all you can do is watch on demand programming not live tv.   have you downloaded hbo go, you can watch hbo on your pad if you subscribe to it. 

New Poster

Yes I am an Employee, and I actually sell our product, and I find that all the hype about watching Xfinity TV on Touch screen base products is useless since they only Target Apple products...That is really really bad...

***Please put out a Patch that allows Droid Market phones and Tablets experience the same experience, or why even have it*** I mean your pretty much telling the customer your paying the same money a month for your service, but yet if you are not as RICH as your neighbor who can afford and APPLE product example 500 to 600 Ipad then you will not get to experience everything we are telling you can do for YOUR hard earned MONEY...

DROID MARKET is the LARGETS MARKET OUT THERE and you can not use it for this...This is Bad Comcast lets get it done...

Thank you..

Contributor

Folks,

Please bear in mind that Apple has one type of hardware in their iPhone, iPad & iPod devices.

Android not only used different hardware, per manufaturer but also per model.

For instance, the Motorola Photon uses different hardware than the Motorola Razr. The iPhone 3Gs uses the same hardware as the 4G (except for the transciever, which just has a firmware difference.)

From a development perspective, writing 1 application that works for apple is far less time consuming than writing a version for Android which is compatible with hundreds of different hardware types. Comcast is not ignoring the Android market base, it just takes longer for the app to be compatible with everything.

Our developers are working on it but it takes much more than just a patch.

Not only is the hardware issue a major factor but each Android based manufacturer has to approve the application before we can legally submit it to "Google Play." For instance, we send the proposed app to Motorola, they test it and say yes or no. We aslo have to be approved by virtually every other Android manufacturer out there before we can finalize the app.

This takes a lot of time and it is in the works. Please be patient and all of you Android users out there (myself included,) will eventually enjoy much of this free content.

If you feel bad as an Android user, think of all those poor folks with Windows Phones who have nothing.

Terry Mahnke
Repair Technician II / Incubation.
National Activation Security & Repair (NASR)