Community Forum

No local information on The Weather Channel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Contributor

No local information on The Weather Channel

Since at or around last Wednesday, no local information has been displayed on channels 19 (SD) and 565 (HD). I waited until Friday, when I emailed The Weather Channel. I sent a report through their website yesterday as well as I wasn't sure how effective just emailing them would be. I haven't received a response back, but I also didn't receive one when I reported the radar during Local on the 8's wasn't working earlier this year.

It seems to me like the IntelliStar 2 at the local headend is not functioning correctly or at all. I'm wondering if Comcast has ordered a replacement unit. Is there a way for me to get any updates on this situation?
Contributor

Re: No local information on The Weather Channel

Earlier today national information was still being displayed, at least on the HD channel. However, now there is local information displayed on both channels. Local on the 8's is working as well as everything else. Problem solved!