Community Forum

No cable in 21040 Irene

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

No cable in 21040 Irene

There is currently no service in much of Harford County, MD. ETA for restoration? Phone # for service having extreme hold times.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: No cable in 21040 Irene

Sorry but this is mainly a customer to customer help forum and the customer volunteers don't have access to that information.

http://www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason/

Gold Problem Solver

Your county was in the path of Irene.

. WHEN they repair the lines depends on several factors.

Is it knocked out at a place where the power also got knocked out? The power company will have to restore power first.

Are there trees down in the area where Comcast and the power company need to be? Depending on the size of the trees they will have to be removed enough so crews can get in to work. There may be trees down in the road that have to be cleared away first.

There could be damage to a headend or distribution hub. These will have to be repaired or replaced before service is restored.

This is a customer to customer forum and we cannot tell you how long it will be before your Comcast tv is restored.

From the link commanguy posted: (if you have power)

Q: Why did I lose my TV, Internet and Voice services and still have power?
A: While Comcast’s facilities are generally located on the same poles as electric companies, the utilities are often fed from a different power source than the cable. There are different “distribution” points along the way. If one of these distribution points does not have commercial power, your cable will not work. See How Cable Works  for more details.

http://www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason/

New Poster

I doubt these are local "headend" or power problems. Power is on here and everywhere around here. My neighbor's Fios is on.
Regular Visitor

I'm in 21044 and service worked fine through the whole storm then yesterday the storm was gone, wind died down and sunny, all of a sudden cable and internet go out and still not back on. I guess in my area it only works during hurricanes.