Community Forum

No RGB inputs on back of new cable box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No RGB inputs on back of new cable box

We have our living room wired so our cable box sits away from TV. Because of this the wiring used for HDMI is an older red green blue input system with 2audio inputs as well instead of the newer HDMI cable. So I can’t connect our existing wiring to the new box. What are my options. I’m not willing to re-wire house. Is there a converter?
Official Employee

Re: No RGB inputs on back of new cable box

There are 2 older boxes available depending on the type of box you presently have. Either swap out for a Pace DVR or a RNG150 HD box, these are the only 2 X1 boxes that have component connections.
New Poster

When I stopped into my comcast office, they told me there was no devices on the newest platform.  I'm so confused.

Official Employee

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-Side-by-side-Xfinity-X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs/ta-p/29402...

This thread shows all X1 boxes, availability in your market may vary
Expert

@Dawson5navy wrote:

When I stopped into my comcast office, they told me there was no devices on the newest platform.  I'm so confused.

it sounds like your TV would support HDMI connection. if so and you opt to have a professional install of the wireless companion set top box (can mount out of sight behind the TV or on the TV.  you must have another wired set top box and one of the Comcast MoCA enabled modems. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Highlighted
Expert

@Dawson5navy wrote:
We have our living room wired so our cable box sits away from TV. Because of this the wiring used for HDMI is an older red green blue input system with 2audio inputs as well instead of the newer HDMI cable. So I can’t connect our existing wiring to the new box. What are my options. I’m not willing to re-wire house. Is there a converter?

Yes

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman