Community Forum

No HDMI

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

No HDMI

I recently upgraded to HD. I got one HD box and one HD DVR. I get no HDMi output on the DVR. I have tried everything. I even went and swapped out boxes. I have signal as I can see and hear everything through the coax connection, so I am not seeing HD.

I bought new high speed HDMI cables and the online chat said they would reset the box with no success. The HD box works fine and I also tried switching out the TV to make sure that wasn't the issue. Is there a switch or something?

Signed,

Frustrated.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: No HDMI

Do you get anything at all out of the DVR's HDMI port, menus or SD channels?

If you do, then you need to go into the user menu on the DVR and set the outputs to what your TV is capable of accepting.  With the Comcast remote, turn off the DVR, and then press the "menu" button, the user menu will come up, that is where you select the HD and SD outputs to match what your TV accepts.

If you get SD channels and the menu, the HD code for your account might not be on your account, a call to Comcast support should confirm that the DVR has the HD codes.

Also, make sure you have no other output cables attached to the DVR, only the HDMI cable.

Regular Visitor

Re: No HDMI

Hi Frustrated, We recently went through the exact same thing! Coincidence?  I think there is something wrong with my 2nd box & cables. It seems Comcast has a batch of cable boxes with damaged HDMI connection. I  hope they track down the problem.  There is hope though.....Finally after trying everything possible the very savvy tech lady @ comcast, helped me hook up the HDTV through "Component" cables.  These are the black cables with colored plugs (yellow, white,red) Your vcr/dvd player probably came with some when you purchased it. My camcorder & dvd player had some when I bought them. Needless to say I found more than I needed. Check around your house you'll find some. You will also need to purchase an additional set green, blue & red most electronic stores with sell them. All you have to do is plug one end of the component cables matching the coordinating colors to the HDVR. Plug the other end of component cables to the back of the tv and you should be good to go! Also  don't get sucked into buying the more expensive cables the cheaper ones work just as well.  I was able to watch t.v. with just the red,yellow,white cables plugged in. I wasnt able to get the full HD effect until I plugged in the green,blue& red.  Good luck!