Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

No HD broadcast on NBCSN

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No HD broadcast on NBCSN

My Comcast channel NBCSN #845 in Griffin GA 30223 is labeled HD but only receive SD. Other carriers Broadcast NBCSN in HD so I know is not the network. Why are we not receiving the HD transmission?
Problem Solver

Re: No HD broadcast on NBCSN

In my service area NBCsn was left at 1080i in MPEG2.  Their conversion from MPEG2 to MPEG4 may be taking place in your service area.

Best thing to do is check with your closest service center to see what is actually going on with that channel.

New Poster

I'm in Griffin as well. It's been this way for almost a year now. I've reported but still no resolution. Funny thing is some commercials come though in HD.  The streaming broadcast through the xfinity app is in HD. It's beyond ridiculous that this is still a problem. 

New Poster

I tried using my NBCSN app on Apple TV and it works great. No problem getting the HD signal.
Regular Visitor

How wierd. I have verizon fios in Virginia and my nbcsn started to default to sd. I have to keep on changing the size (ratio) every time i tune to it. It started a few days ago.
New Poster

Really pathetic this is still a problem. Comcast owns NBCSN. You think they'd want to be the best it can on their own system. Instead the allow themselves to be outshined by other providers. I'll be switching once my contract is up. Very dissatisfied with Comcast overall.

New Poster

Same here in Peachtree City 30269. Actual English Prem League game transmission is in SD, but commercials and half time report from the studio etc all in HD.

I know other networks transmit in HD so it’s nothing to do with the Sky Sports cameras in the UK who televise the games and then re-sell to other networks.

All this is made worse as I’ve just got a new 4K TV which makes the grass look like a sea of green mush in SD!

On the upside, I spoke with Comcast and they are sending me a 4K compatible DVR for no extra cost (shipping only) which they said will improve it some , but can’t fix the fact that, here at least, we only get a SD feed during the games.

Hopefully someone can address the problem soon !
Tags (3)