Community Forum

New interface cannot view shows says not on home network when I am on home network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

New interface cannot view shows says not on home network when I am on home network

The new interface does not allow shows to be watched it claims you have to be on your home network when I am on my home network.  I hope this new interface is not going to replace the old one as that will make the system completely unusable like they did with Hulu. 

I no longer use Hulu because of the interface change and if they do the same here I will have to consider changing to AT&T.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: New interface cannot view shows says not on home network when I am on home network

Which app are your using?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Re: New interface cannot view shows says not on home network when I am on home network

I have the same issue, literally every show I click on say the exact same thing. Can't watch anything and my computer is wired to the actual Comcast modem.

New Poster

i have been experiencing absolutly the same thing for the past 2days. it's quite irksome when you are on your home network but cannot view your favorite shows. neither app on iPhone nor iPad  nor computer is working.

Regular Contributor

I am on a real computer.  It happens with both IE and Firefox.  I cannot run chrome on this system so I cannot check with that.

Silver Problem Solver

Klawdek wrote:

I am on a real computer.  It happens with both IE and Firefox.  I cannot run chrome on this system so I cannot check with that.

Is this the URL you are using?

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

It seems to be working for me today.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Same here. Connected with ethernet to desktop. Cant watch anything live.

Problem Solver

Is this the new interface that all of the above are posting about?

https://tv.xfinity.com/foryou

I looked at it...   And because of forum guidelines, will keep my fingers unmoving in response.   

It seems that we will be "graced" with this horror when comcast rolls it out for the masses.  

I posted in another thread if this a related matter:  

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/Annoying-banner-on-TV-Listings-page/m-p/...

Also, if we have no choice with this new interface, I'll just discontinue the use of the comcast online tv guide.  

Zap2it.com           ---rules!!

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Yes that is the link and it is still not working.  It looks like live stream on Comcast is going away.  I assume that one day they will remove the old interface.  The old interface requires you to set your computer clock ahead 2 hours in order to see the current listing but at least you can actually watch stuff.

It is doubtfull that when I move I will take Comcast with me.  I will go to AT&T

Silver Problem Solver

I am able to watch live TV with that URL.  But I am logged in to my main Comcast account.