Community Forum

New cable box HDMI ports do not work

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

New cable box HDMI ports do not work

I hooked up my new cable box last night as instructed. My TV keeps telling me 'No Signal' at all 3 HDMI entry ports on the TV. I shamefully resorted to using the RG6 that was sent with the box. This worked but I obviously have no HD channel capabilities. Any help or advice here will be appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New cable box HDMI ports do not work

@JerAmyV wrote:

I hooked up my new cable box last night as instructed. My TV keeps telling me 'No Signal' at all 3 HDMI entry ports on the TV. I shamefully resorted to using the RG6 that was sent with the box. This worked but I obviously have no HD channel capabilities. Any help or advice here will be appreciated.

Are you sure you are using the correct HDMI port on the cable box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes sir. The back of the box has a Cable In, Cable Out, HDMI out and the power jack input. Those are the only ports on the back of this box.

Official Employee

It’s possible that you have a bad box, swap it out at your local Xfinity store. Also, check with a different HDMI cord just in case
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you for the advice. I tried 2 different HDMI cables. I believe it is a bad box.