Community Forum

New XB6 modem interfering with X1 TV Connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

New XB6 modem interfering with X1 TV Connection

This is a long story without all the details.

I have the latest XB6 modem and one X1 DVR. Both of them are two month old. In the morning when I turn on one of my three TV's which use the small cable boxes I get error RDK-03004. The TV connected to the X1 DVR works fine. I can reboot/refresh the DVR (which will work) and all three cable boxes but I still get the error. Unplugging them and rebooting doesn't help. Phone support told me to do the same thing but the problem persisted. 

The only thing that restores the small cable box signals from the DVR is to unplug and reboot the cable modem.

Xfinity sent a technician to my home who arrived just as I got an error code. He rebooted all the equipment but it didn't help. I disconnected the cable modem and the signal was restored to all the TV's. He replaced some connectors, a switch, and a power source, rebooted the hardware and everything worked fine.

This morning the problem returned. I rebooted the cable modem and the TV signal was fine. I don't want another technician who can't fix the problem to come to my home. There is obviously something amiss with the XB6 modem that interferes with the TV signal. The modem does have the most recent firmware.

Hopefully someone from Comcast will see this and offere some help. Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

Re: New XB6 modem interfering with X1 TV Connection

On the back of the xb6, is there a white light that is on?
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Thanks for replying.

Yes there is a white light on the back.

Official Employee

@richf7 wrote:

Thanks for replying.

Yes there is a white light on the back.

open a browser on a device that's connected to your internet connection and enter 10.0.0.1 in the browser

admin=admin

password=password (unless you changed it)

go to connection

go to moca and click disable and save

You may have to restart your X1 boxes after

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

MoCa can’t be unchecked. Bridge mode is disabled. If I enable it can I uncheck MoCa? It says if I  enable it will disable router functionality of gateway and turn off wi-if....sure if you want to continue?

Official Employee

Yes you should be able to do it that way

Contributor

Not sure I understand...it says that will disable router functionality 

Official Employee

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you were in bridge mode. If you can’t access the moca enable/disable, you may have to call in, they would be the only ones to access those settings