Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

New Tivo Bolt and cablecard issue.

Regular Visitor

New Tivo Bolt and cablecard issue.

Hi Comcast,

I purchased a Tivo Bolt today and went to the Xfinity store to get a cablecard.

I came home and followed the instructions of how to activate and pair it with the Tivo through the Comcast website. After many hours, I still cannot get channels to show. I'm stuck at the" Aquring Channel  72%" screen for hours. I tried multiple resets, turned it off, plugged power off, checked coxial, removed and reinserted the cable card and going back on the website to repair it. Still doesn't work. I also tried with Comast's cable card hotline for a bit but I couldn't stay on the phone much longer. This seems to be a common problem as I researched a bit before deciding to post.

Some information that may help you:

Cable Card Serial: MA0810CAP122

Host ID: 035-014-598-281-4

Data: 118-961-893-69

Thank you for your help in advance

Expert

Re: New Tivo Bolt and cablecard issue.

miamiroadster,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

geek46 wrote:

miamiroadster,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Thank you, I am still waiting to hear from someone about this matter.

Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I'm still waiting for someone to help me on this one.

Here's what I have done so far.

I went back to the Xfinity store and swapped the CableCard. I got on the phone with the CableCard Activation line and they paired the new CableCard to the Tivo. We ran into a new problem where I get "V58" errors on all the channels. The only channels that come in are the local affiliate of NBC,ABC, PBS. The tech on the phone couldnt help me with this one and recommended I try switching the coaxial in the back. I tried this and still does not work. 

I went back to using the Xfinity box for now and all channels come up with no problem. 

Thank you.

Expert

miamiroadster wrote:

Hello, 

I'm still waiting for someone to help me on this one.

Here's what I have done so far.

I went back to the Xfinity store and swapped the CableCard. I got on the phone with the CableCard Activation line and they paired the new CableCard to the Tivo. We ran into a new problem where I get "V58" errors on all the channels. The only channels that come in are the local affiliate of NBC,ABC, PBS. The tech on the phone couldnt help me with this one and recommended I try switching the coaxial in the back. I tried this and still does not work. 

I went back to using the Xfinity box for now and all channels come up with no problem. 

Thank you.

I have sent a PM to a ComcastAdmin to alert them that this issue is still ongoing and to escalate this as soon as possible.   Hang in there !!!!!

Ray

Official Employee

Hi miamiroadster,  I apologize for your experiences trying to pair your cable card.  I will send you a private message to further assist with this issue.

Thank you

New Poster

I am having exactly the same problem. Why doesn't Comcast post the solution for the public to see? Why is it "private?"
Official Employee

Hi Tom52, I apologize for your experiences with your TiVo and receiving the V58 error.  There isnt a one fix all solution that corrects this issue, but  I will send you a private message to go over host and card information further and forward to the correct group accordingly.

Thank you

New Poster

Hello. Hope you don't mind me tagging on on this topic. I have the same problem.

Since a channel lineup change (HD channels that were 8xx now being on 12xx) I have two problems:

- some channels give me "searching for signal on this channel. (V52)", e.g. 842

- other channels are intermiddently digitally distorted, e.g. 865/1207

- overwhelming majority of HD channels work fine, even those with numbers close to non-working ones

Cablecard in Tivo.

hw 0469927002 boot 03.25
fw* 07.15 e 05/11/17 07:07
fw 06.25 e 03/14/12 06:41

(what do the two firmward version numbers mean, anyway, which one is active?)

Have re-seated all the BNC connections inside and outside the house, no change.

If there is a fix can you please connect me to it? Timing-wise this really looks related to the channel lineup change (digital cable in Metrowest Boston).

Official Employee

Closing old thread