Community Forum

Netflix and remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Netflix and remote

Have been using voice activated remote and watching Netflix for a few weeks, with the only issues being our usual and frequent Comcast outages (so aggravating). However, for the last 3 days while watching a Netflix program, it suddendly goes out and tv reverts to whatever channel it was last on AND the Comcast remote becomes inoperable and has to be reset. What is going on? I have totally given up having a smooth experience with Comcast, it just isn't reality. The one thing Comcast is consistent with is billing, they never miss that even though services provided as described on bill are inconsistent to say the lease. But, I digress, what is the issue with Netflix going out and remote needing reset - happens several times daily. UGH

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Netflix and remote

First thing to try is a Netlix reset.

A button - scroll right to reset Netflix

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

A Netflix reset was the first step taken in attempting to solve this ongoing Comcast issue. Having to reset the remote every time Netflix is watched is ridiculous. Time to either cancel Comcast, Netflix or both, neither are providing services billed for and I do not wish to donate money to either business.

Official Employee

Hello eedoxies. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can help troubleshoot your X1 and Netflix service issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!