Community Forum

Need code for XR11 Voice Remote to turn on new 2018 LG 65SK8000PUA UHD TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Need code for XR11 Voice Remote to turn on new 2018 LG 65SK8000PUA UHD TV

Sorry, no, if you’ve done everything correctly, those are the methods to control the tv.
New Poster

Thank you.

I tried your suggestion twice; pressed Channel Up about a zillion times.  

It never turned off the TV.  Eventually it changed the channel.

Any other ideas?

Official Employee

@whaler52 wrote:

I tried setup process for ALL of the codes listed for LG TV's listed on the various xfinity support page https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I also used the auto-detect code listed when you pair the XR11 remote with the set top box, but that code didn't work.

To be clear, the XR11 voice remote DOES operate the (Motorola) set top box just fine; it just doesn't adjust the volume, nor does it turn unit on.

A few of the codes for LG did allow the XR11 to turn off the LG, but volume and Turn on did not work.

Maybe LG changed something on the 2018's just now appearing in stores?

Help!

Try press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green, press 991 and press channel up until your tv turns off and press and hold setup to lock it in. The codes go by manufacturer and not individual tv types by the same manufacturer.

New Poster

I tried setup process for ALL of the codes listed for LG TV's listed on the various xfinity support page https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I also used the auto-detect code listed when you pair the XR11 remote with the set top box, but that code didn't work.

To be clear, the XR11 voice remote DOES operate the (Motorola) set top box just fine; it just doesn't adjust the volume, nor does it turn unit on.

A few of the codes for LG did allow the XR11 to turn off the LG, but volume and Turn on did not work.

Maybe LG changed something on the 2018's just now appearing in stores?

Help!