Community Forum

Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

I keep my default guide view on "favorites."  Just today I noticed nearly all of my channels weren't being displayed, so sure enough when I changed the guide view all of my favorite channels have been deleted from my list. Anyone else have this happen?

Expert

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


jth182 wrote:

I keep my default guide view on "favorites."  Just today I noticed nearly all of my channels weren't being displayed, so sure enough when I changed the guide view all of my favorite channels have been deleted from my list. Anyone else have this happen?


did you try the power down reboot of the box? have more than one X1 set top box? If so, do any of them show your favorite channels?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

I rebooted from the device settings menu, didn't help. It's my only X1 box.

Expert

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


jth182 wrote:

I rebooted from the device settings menu, didn't help. It's my only X1 box.


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

 

jth182, I've sent a refresh signal to your X1 Box. Let me know if your favorite channels come back. 

 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

No, they're still gone.  Only a few remain on the list.  I doubt this could have been the result of errant button presses, right?  I had almost all HD channels marked as favorites (minus Spanish channels and VOD).

New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

All mine were deleted, I was left with a list of 4, and also in the Xfinity app on all of my iOS devices, so it's not the set top box. It's at the account level.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


Lisse wrote:
All mine were deleted, I was left with a list of 4, and also in the Xfinity app on all of my iOS devices, so it's not the set top box. It's at the account level.

 Have you looked at the channel icon in the Guide to see if the Favorite "heart" setting is gone?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

About a dozen of my favorite channels were deleted from being favorites last night. 

New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Yep.  Same thing just happened to me.  Almost all my favorites have been deleted.  This is frustrating, expecially considering how long it takes to create a favorites list on xfinity.  I reset the box, it's still the same. 

Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Same thing happened to me last night. Not excited at the prospect of having to redo my list...

Regular Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Ditto.  Assessing the damage now.  Unfortunately, the now-truncated list of Favorites is synced between my X1 DVR, TV Remote app and Stream TV app, so I have nowhere to go to check what all of them were. 

Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Same problem here except they weren't actually deleted.  They were ALL re-assigned to the NON HD versions including all the non-HD Starz, etc. channels which weren't even favorited because there's still no HD version of them.  This is ridiculous. Now I have to delete MORE favorites than I had in the first place then still go and re-favorite the correct channels!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


Flyinion wrote:

Same problem here except they weren't actually deleted.  They were ALL re-assigned to the NON HD versions including all the non-HD Starz, etc. channels which weren't even favorited because there's still no HD version of them.  This is ridiculous. Now I have to delete MORE favorites than I had in the first place then still go and re-favorite the correct channels!!!!!!!!


That was not the case for me.  Prior to the problem, I only had 1 non-HD channel flagged as a Favorite, BBC World News, since it (amazingly) has no HD equivalent.  After the problem, it was still the only SD channel flagged as a Favorite, but 15 or so of my 60 HD Favorites had become UN-flagged.  I think I've put the pieces back together, am just hoping it doesn't happen again tonight.

Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


milehiguy wrote:

Flyinion wrote:

Same problem here except they weren't actually deleted.  They were ALL re-assigned to the NON HD versions including all the non-HD Starz, etc. channels which weren't even favorited because there's still no HD version of them.  This is ridiculous. Now I have to delete MORE favorites than I had in the first place then still go and re-favorite the correct channels!!!!!!!!


That was not the case for me.  Prior to the problem, I only had 1 non-HD channel flagged as a Favorite, BBC World News, since it (amazingly) has no HD equivalent.  After the problem, it was still the only SD channel flagged as a Favorite, but 15 or so of my 60 HD Favorites had become UN-flagged.  I think I've put the pieces back together, am just hoping it doesn't happen again tonight.


Yeah it seems like everyone had a different issue.  I wonder if mine was related to there was supposedly a cable outage going on in my area (even though everything else seemed to be working fine besides favorites).  I did find out thanks to this thread that you can set favorites in the mobile app.  At least that made it really easy with 1 tap vs. 3 clicks for each channel to favorite or unfavorite on the DVR itself.  I was NOT looking forward to that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

My favorites are intact. Has anyone tried using DVR sync or sysem refresh? If that doesn't work then you'll have to rebuild the list of favorites.

Regular Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Well at least it wasn't just me. Misery loves company, lol!

 

I wonder what happened?

New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

It wouldn't be so bad if xfinity let you sort by channels you actually have access to and filter all the other ones out, but nooo they want to show you all the channels you can pay a premium for.   I painstakingly made a list of all the channels I do have and filtered out all the I don't have access to and then they delete the list.   grrr

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


desdinova1 wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad if xfinity let you sort by channels you actually have access to and filter all the other ones out, but nooo they want to show you all the channels you can pay a premium for.   I painstakingly made a list of all the channels I do have and filtered out all the I don't have access to and then they delete the list.   grrr


I was not aware that the Guide has channels that you don't pay for.  Look at this web site and see if your Plan is there.

 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


RobertWy wrote:

desdinova1 wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad if xfinity let you sort by channels you actually have access to and filter all the other ones out, but nooo they want to show you all the channels you can pay a premium for.   I painstakingly made a list of all the channels I do have and filtered out all the I don't have access to and then they delete the list.   grrr


I was not aware that the Guide has channels that you don't pay for.  Look at this web site and see if your Plan is there.

 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup


Yes mine does.  When I hit "guide" it lists all possible channels, a lot of which say "Included with Subscription" if I click on the channel.   Like movie channels etc.  

I created a favorites list with all the channels I actually do get, then comcast recently deleted said favorites list.   So I have to load every single channel to see if it is in my package then favorite it. 

 

With that plus creeping prices, Broadcast TV fee, Regional Sports Fees, and a few other things I'm getting fed up. 

I have HBO and like watching Game of Thrones, but HBO-E HD is not offered in my area (Mounatain Time Zone), so I have to wait 3 hours after it premeres to watch it on HBO-W HD.   It makes no sense why they would not include it when I pay for the HBO package, I know people with DISH in my area and they get HBO-E HD.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

This happened to me as well. Extremely annoying.  I called the customer support, and they were of no help.  I mentioned that I saw this thread on the help forums, and the rep indicated that they were probably in the process of fixing it if I saw it here on the forum.  I highly doubt that!  This has happened twice now, and I had to re-add all of my favorites, it takes forever.  Maybe if more people called the problem in, they would do something about it!  Good luck everyone!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Same here. Missing 3 out of 4 favorite channels (readded one), and missing 2 out of 3 favorite sports teams. I feel like I'm also missing some favorite movies and TV shows too, but not 100% sure there. Not sure if related but seems to have heppened around the time that all the channel numbers changed in my area.

 

I've already done a "System Refresh" and reboot via the A button but no luck in restoring.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


John3758 wrote:

Same here. Missing 3 out of 4 favorite channels (readded one), and missing 2 out of 3 favorite sports teams. I feel like I'm also missing some favorite movies and TV shows too, but not 100% sure there. Not sure if related but seems to have heppened around the time that all the channel numbers changed in my area.

 

I've already done a "System Refresh" and reboot via the A button but no luck in restoring.


Did you try marking the channels as favorites again to see if they stick?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


RobertWy wrote:

John3758 wrote:

Same here. Missing 3 out of 4 favorite channels (readded one), and missing 2 out of 3 favorite sports teams. I feel like I'm also missing some favorite movies and TV shows too, but not 100% sure there. Not sure if related but seems to have heppened around the time that all the channel numbers changed in my area.

 

I've already done a "System Refresh" and reboot via the A button but no luck in restoring.


Did you try marking the channels as favorites again to see if they stick?


Yes. I originally had 4, lost 3, then readded 1, so I have 2 now. The one I've readded has been staying there for a few days. I don't even remember what the other two were as I added them so long ago (probably during the winter TV season and the shows aren't airing now).

Regular Visitor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Hi, since you are a comcast employee, can you tell us if there has been any resolution to this yet?  This happend to a family member as well. Please advise.  Thanks.

Expert
Moved:

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Official Employee

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Hi all, apologies for your experiences, this is a known issue and the proper teams are working to get this issue resolved, as of right now I do not have an ETA.

 

Apologies for the inconvenience


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Any further progress being made to remedy the "favorites" issue? I, like many others, are tired and frustrated saving favorites only to have them dissapear the next time we log in. Ditto my iPhone. Why does Comcast release such buggy software? Doesn't anyone do any quality control checks before a public release? I have written to David Watson in Philadelphia and asked about thias issue. Doubt if I'll get an answer but sometimes the squeaky wheel(s) gets the grease. If I could switch to another provider but, unfortunately that option is not available to me. 

 

Best

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/x1-update-missing-feature/m-p/2936726#M132479

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Still an issue. Spent half an hour setting favorites on tv.xfinity.com, refreshed and they were all gone.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Same in central PA.  Comcast either doesn't know how to provide a useful favorites function or doesn't care.  With a different provider I could have multiple lists (news, movies, sports) I forget how many list categories.  Now the only list we have shows duplicate listings -1000 range; or randomly drops channel from the list.

Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

This just happened to me. All favorite channels greater than 700 are gone. Rebooted the dvr and still missing. I believe all my favorites greater than 700 are HD. If I go to all channels, it shows everything but not with favorites.

 

My package has HD. Went directly to some of the HD channels via All Channels Guide Option and they display fine. Went to add them and it says 'remove favorite' indicating it's already in the favorites. Something is really messed up with this. We haven't had any outage as some others thought may have caused their problem.

 

Looks like this has been a problem for a couple months seeing this thread goes back to July and no solution even though one post says it's a known problem.

Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

When I connect to watch TV on-line and check the favorites, I see all my favorites, including those over channel 700.

 

Disappointed Tech Support said they were looking into this in July and hear we are end of Aug and seems there's no concern.

Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Same issue here as of today. No favorites over 1000 are displayed in the favorites view in the guide, but if I switch to all channels then all of my favorites over 1000 are flagged as such...

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


commodore_dude wrote:

Same issue here as of today. No favorites over 1000 are displayed in the favorites view in the guide, but if I switch to all channels then all of my favorites over 1000 are flagged as such...


Today, when I switched to Favorites, the channels above 1000 were no longer there.  Yay!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

EDIT: created my own post as this thread is different than my issue. Sorry about that.

 

My issue is yesterday a bunch of favorites are gone from the favorites filter but when I view all or free to me they still have the star on the channel.

I tried refreshing, which took like 30 minutes as it restarted the process twice. Meaning it would get to connecting to live TV and then go back to "this will take about 10 minutes".

Then I tried removing channels as favorites and then adding them back. That had no effect either. The favorites list just doesn't show all the favorites I've selected. It started sometime yesterday, heretofore it worked perfectly.

See attached photos, one of free to me showing channels marked and then I switched to the fav channel list. Notice the difference.

New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

I want a fully customizable channel guide!!! Favorites gave me that, even though I had duplicates. I chose to have duplicates in favorites! NOW I DONT HAVE THAT OPTION. I WANT THIS FUNCTION BACK!
Regular Visitor

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

So I too have this problem as of lately in August. My unvarnished channel guide includes just over 1000 channels (Ch 1-1876) and in order to whittle the quide down to a manageable size to browse, I've used  the favorite * to accomplish this. I can't say exactly how many channels I tagged as favorite but let's say it was 300. Now, following this change, when I filter the guide down to my favorite list I only get 130 and the filtered list only includes favorited channels down to Ch 829.

 

i spent time on the phone with a nice Comcast agent who was unaware of the problem and suggested the "most" people only favorite around 10 channels. The agent thought that Comcast, as part of the addition of a new "feature", might limit the amount of favorite channels a user could select. I tried to explain that if Comcast moves to limit customer functionality and in fact takes something away from the customer, the action should not be labeled as a "feature". Feature connotes something positive. In the end the call was pleasant, the agent tried their hardest but in the end suggested a service call. I rejected that and said I would just bring my box in and get it replaced. I replaced the box and was provided with a brand new top of the line box. Following setup, I have the same problem so it has nothing to do with the box. During a second call to a different tech support agent, the agent said they hadn't pushed any intentional changes designed to limit the number of favorites and that it must be a glitch.

 

I find it difficult to believe that the small number of people in this thread (channel surfers) are the only ones to be affected by this new limitation. Why isn't there a broader voice complaining? Jth182 posted the first alert in mid July and here we are at the end of August with not only no resolution, but the tech support agents aren't even aware of the problem. 

 

 

 

 

New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

It seems that all my favorites that are 1000 and above are also gone from my favorites. The 1000's and above are categorized by type and was very useful and it was great to add them to favorites to quickly scroll through them. When switching to HD guide, they are still there and they are still "starred" as my fabvorites, however they do not show up in the Favorites guide.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


npicklo wrote:

It seems that all my favorites that are 1000 and above are also gone from my favorites. The 1000's and above are categorized by type and was very useful and it was great to add them to favorites to quickly scroll through them. When switching to HD guide, they are still there and they are still "starred" as my fabvorites, however they do not show up in the Favorites guide.


I think this is because many customers complained that >1000 channels were duplicated as favorites.  Next, they need to allow ALL channels to be favorites, regardless of the channel number.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

The same thing happened to me about a week ago.  When I first added ESPN and ESPN2 as favorites more than a year ago, they insisted on duplicating them with different channel numbers.  Tried deleting one set, and that deleted all four of them.  So I decided just to live with it.  Now all but one of those four channels will display on favorites.  Since they don't display as favorites, I need to display all channels and page through the list to find the channels that don't show, only to find that they ARE marked as favorites, they just won't display.  Doing a restart or a system refresh won't fix the problem.  Driving me nuclear!

New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

I've never understood why you had duplicates in the Favorites Guide.  Now, they seem to have fixed the duplicates problem, but by only allowing Favorites below 1000.  This is not what is useful, especially since the channels above 1000 were recently organized by similarity.  Now, all my Favorites are all the unorganized channels below 1000, which means similar channels (news, sports, movies, etc.) are all over the place and difficult to find.

 

I hope they will fix this and allow the Favorites to include nonduplicated channels above 1000, i.e., just the channels I want as a Favorite.  Otherwise, you're defeating the whole purpose of having a Favorites Guide.  They could take a lesson from Directv, which has an almost perfect Favorites Guide.  Techs, take a look at that, will ya?

Official Employee

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

Hello all. 

 

We welcome your feedback!

 

I encourage you to complete the feedback survey found on our XFINITY Stream page: https://www.inmoment.com/websurvey/2/execute#/1


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide

I had the same thing happen and this is the second time in two weeks.  Happened a few months ago too.  A total pain and a waste of my time.  I suspect Comcast does this as some part of marketing trick to try and get people to upgrade to different plans.  If it keeps happening it is just one more reason for me to drop my service.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nearly all "favorites" deleted from guide


NaturalThomas wrote:

I had the same thing happen and this is the second time in two weeks.  Happened a few months ago too.  A total pain and a waste of my time.  I suspect Comcast does this as some part of marketing trick to try and get people to upgrade to different plans.  If it keeps happening it is just one more reason for me to drop my service.


I don't think Comcast is doing this to get negative feedback.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!