Community Forum

Nascar Series Recordings

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Nascar Series Recordings

Is it possible to set a Nascar series recording that only records the races?  It currently also records all qualifying and practice episodes and quickly fills up my DVR.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Nascar Series Recordings

Sorry but no.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

@Kent73 wrote:

Is it possible to set a Nascar series recording that only records the races?  It currently also records all qualifying and practice episodes and quickly fills up my DVR.

If the actual race has a separate listing in the guide then you could record the race however if the guide listing only shows 1 listing for NASCAR then you can't.

Regular Contributor

My NASCAR series recording did not record the race yesterday (7/22/18). Anyone else have this issue? 

New Poster

My recoding ran as scheduled, but since the race was delayed my almost 4 hour recording didn’t even get the green flag.
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your response. Maybe I messed something up. I usually check the scheduled recordings to make sure it is still scheduled. I had one no record earlier this year as well. 

I am surprised the Auto Extend did not extend your recording yesterday. 

Valued Contributor

@tstevensufl96 wrote:

My NASCAR series recording did not record the race yesterday (7/22/18). Anyone else have this issue? 

The best way to record sporting events is to manually record

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

12 hrs of recording time.