Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

NFL games

New Poster

NFL games

I ordered the sports package and thought I could get ALL the NFL games like I did on Direct TV.  I only get highlights on Red Zone and can only get the games that are on the network channels.  I wanted to watch the the Chicage bears but couldn't find it.  Is there a special channel that I need to go to other than Red Zone?

Official Employee

Re: NFL games

janet73 wrote:

I ordered the sports package and thought I could get ALL the NFL games like I did on Direct TV.  I only get highlights on Red Zone and can only get the games that are on the network channels.  I wanted to watch the the Chicage bears but couldn't find it.  Is there a special channel that I need to go to other than Red Zone?

No, sorry, what you received is what's available.

New Poster

I thought I was going to get all the games too!  

Anyone know if it will ever happen?

How can we watch all the games without added cost?

Official Employee

Direct TV has the exclusive rights.
Contributor

Your issue should not be with Comcast, but rather the NFL.  The NFL negotiated this contract that allows only Direct TV the access to the package.  Dish, Cox, AT&T, and all the other cable and satellite also do not have the package rights to the NFL.  Red Zone is a real good alternative that is offered by Comcast, but as far as the actual Sunday games you only get the games that the NFL deems intersting to you in your local market.  My guess, as ratings drop in the NFL, they may reopen their TV contract, but until then blame the NFL not Comcast