Community Forum

NFL app on xbox one

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

NFL app on xbox one

Why is there no comcast support on the NFL app on XBox One? Would love to watch red zone in it but unfortunately for me I am a comcast customer. Why is comcast always late to the party for these things?! Why am I still a comcast customer? Constantly behind the times
Official Employee
Frequent Visitor

Re: NFL app on xbox one

False, optimum, DirecTV and a couple other services support the service as well.

This is for NFL mobile app. I am talking about NFL app on XBox One
Official Employee

Well then I guess you answered your own question but Comcast still doesn't have the rights for it.
Frequent Visitor

Wrong again! Thanks for trying but this has NOTHING to do with rights. Comcast is, for whatever reason, slow on supporting these apps. Took them months to support HBO Go, (and still doesn't support it on Roku) , over a year for Showtime anytime. I world like an answer from someone at Comcast as to when they will support the NFL app on the XBox One and why they take so long to support these apps. They continue to show that they care very little about existing customers!
New Poster

Dew to the contract that Comcast has with the NFL you can only watch red zone on your set top box or on Comcast app or online from computers. just got off the chat with a comcast rep

New Poster

i guess you can say it does has something to do with the rights read my reply i just got off the line with comcast

Official Employee

Cosmo, comcast/xfinity is not listed as a provider for the red zone app, they are mistaken
Frequent Visitor

Everyone: Comcast XFinity is the worst and doesn't care at all about existing customers.
I'm sure you already knew that though
Frequent Visitor

andrew.lindsay wrote:
Verizon has the exclusive rights
http://nflcommunications.com/2013/08/05/nfl-digital-media-announces-relaunch-of-nfl-mobile-from-veri...

I think this link has to do with the NFL Smart Phone app and service that is a Verizon exclusive that I indeed subscribe to.  Cablevision's Optimum TV is as a listed provider on the Xbox app and they like Comcast Xfinity are also a major FiOS territorial rival.

New Poster

actually u with the best cable company in the world right now and they never late just had a bigger deals on the table

New Poster

roku nobody cares about roku

New Poster

Come'on Comcast give your subscribers the best service in class...being left off the subscriber list for the NFL App is irritating with all the money we spend with you guys.  We pay for better.  Get with the program and remove this problem.

New Poster

Heres a scoop...little known fact: the office of the President of Comcast has a call center dedicated for higher level customer complaints. Its somewhere out of Chicago. Look it up online. This should be a high level complaint....if enough dissatisifed Comcast/XboxOneCustomers/Live subscring customers were to call and demand they get on board with the five other service providers who provide this service.

...I already have. Who's with me?

New Poster

Even if it is at the end of the season.....

Frequent Visitor

Will the Xbox One NFL App allow me to watch NFL Redzone without a TV provider subscription?

New Poster

Seriously you're an employee and you have no clue. 

Problem Solver

I want to watch NFL redzone and NFL network on my xbox one and online

there's a ton of providers except comcast SMH

New Poster

bump. Anyone have any news on whether this will happen before the start of this years season? 

New Poster

BUMP for 2015!

The new Xbox One NFL app is brilliant this year. The team at Microsoft responsible for this has put a lot of new effort into it, and it has some incredible features. However, it appears the only two cable providers in the entire United States that are not supported are Comcast and Time Warner. There are literally over 100 other providers listed, some of them are way off in the middle of nowhere, and very small in comparison, clearly. If they can be a part of this app, then so can Comcast. This is very frustrating, and is almost a reason enough to drop Comcast. There is no reason that Comcast should not be able to come to an amenable arrangement with the NFL, and whatever other parties may be involved in negotiating having their service be an option for the NFL app on Xbox One. It is not an issue of Verizon exclusivity. This is very clear as there are over 100 other providers aside from Verizon available to choose from.

Comcast offers their NFL Red Zone and NFL Network choices as part of their advanced cable subscriptions, as a result it is certainly up to Comcast as to whether or not they want to make this available through other applications. This is a matter of the need to yell loudly enough at Comcast executives, who are making these decisions that are affecting our entertainment. Let's fight this, people. Please post the best means of contact for any high-level executives in this forum so that we may call them and request full Comcast Xfinity support for the NFL app on Xbox One!
New Poster

This is actually a situation where its a pay per subscriber Comcast has to deal with. The reason why you see smaller companies included is because they simply roll the higher cost into the billing and call it the yearly increase. The NFL is specifically asking providers to pay on the customers behalf to access the app, larger companies dont do it, because they have a ton of subscribers to NFLN/NFLRDZ.. Just the simple.. If you want it to be fair, boycott the NFL so we call can get Sunday Ticket, this is actually apart of that particular agreement with DIRECTTV.. I hate having to have DirectTV to get it, but I have it and I can stream how I see fit because they paid up for it, and raised my bill for me to have it, but every company isnt gonna do it.. Just that simple.

New Poster

Comcast is the most pathetic cable around they should be band from seeking cable they <removed; bypassing language filter> terrible they over text they slow to the party with EVERYTHING. <removed; violating forum guidelines>