Community Forum

NCAA March Madness 2016 app doesn't recognize Comcast/Xfinity?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

NCAA March Madness 2016 app doesn't recognize Comcast/Xfinity?

I'd like to use the features that the NCAA March Madness app offers on my Apple TV 4 but when I try to log in to that app via the ncaa.com website, Comcast is not a provider and I am unable to register my Apple TV. What's up with this?

New Poster

Re: NCAA March Madness 2016 app doesn't recognize Comcast/Xfinity?

I have the same issue. Why is it that all other major cable providers are listed, but not Comcast?

New Poster

Frequent Visitor

I can stream from my iPad to my Apple TV. Seems sort of pointless for Comcast not to support the Apple TV directly. Perhaps someday Comcast will hire someone who understands technology. ;-)>
Admin1

The March Madness Live website (www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live) and mobile app for Apple, Android and Windows 8 devices are available to watch every game of the 2016 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament live now through the National Championship on Monday, April 4, 2016.

Authentication on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast devices is not supported.

Frequent Visitor

I'm just confused - if you support the iOS app, which I can stream to my Apple TV, why not support the more full-featured TVOS app which I can just watch directly?

Frequent Visitor

I just got this in email:

Hello BobQ,

Your topic recently received replies.

Topic: NCAA March Madness 2016 app doesn't recognize Comcast/Xfinity?
Date: 03-12-2016 05:06 PM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Unfortunately, although I now understand that Comcast does not support streaming boxes, I still don't understand why. So, I don't have an "Accepted" (perhaps I should say "acceptable") solution. 

If Comcast can be obstinate, I can, too. ;-)>

New Poster

So...now it's 2017.  Same answer?  It certainly can't be that we don't pay enough as customers for your service.