Community Forum

NASCAR Fans

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

NASCAR Fans

NASCAR has been added to the Sports and Sports Beta apps on the X1 platform

· Tune to live NASCAR events
· See scheduled upcoming NASCAR events
· Record live NASCAR races from the app menu

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: NASCAR Fans

That's nice, but when is Comcast going to provide the Fox Sports 2 (FS2) channel in all of their systems?

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Fox-Sports-2-formerly-Fuel-TV/td-p/1796282/pag...

With Comcast now sponsoring of the 2nd tier "NASCAR Xfinity Series," it's going to be embarrassing if I can't watch some of the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series coverage that Fox provides only on FS2.

Gold Problem Solver

Andrew the app looks good, but I gotta agree with Telcodad (I always do) that Comcast needs to add FS2.

Like Telcodad, there is racing coverage on FS2 that I would like to see...

@telcodad wrote:

That's nice, but when is Comcast going to provide the Fox Sports 2 (FS2) channel in all of their systems?

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Fox-Sports-2-formerly-Fuel-TV/td-p/1796282/pag...

With Comcast now sponsoring of the 2nd tier "NASCAR Xfinity Series," it's going to be embarrassing if I can't watch some of the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series coverage that Fox provides only on FS2.

Valued Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

Andrew the app looks good, but I gotta agree with Telcodad (I always do) that Comcast needs to add FS2.

Like Telcodad, there is racing coverage on FS that I would like to see...

Yes, besides coverage of  some pre-race events, such as practices and qualifying, there were several times last season when the "NASCAR Victory Lane" post-race show was only shown on FS2!

Here's just some of the NASCAR programing coming up on FS2 that I will be missing:

Saturday, February 14

11:00 PM  NASCAR Victory Lane "Daytona - Sprint Unlimited"  LIVE

Wednesday, February 18

2:00 PM  NASCAR Racing "Sprint Cup: Daytona 500, Practice"  LIVE

3:00 PM  NASCAR Racing "Sprint Cup: Daytona 500, Practice"  LIVE

Contributor

I expect to miss more than half of the finishes this year due to the fact that I cannot pad a (race)  recording for more than five minutes. I really, really like the X1 platform and cannot believe this is still an issue. This is basic DVR functionality that is more than a decade old. 

Gold Problem Solver

Seriously? This has been discussed in this forum many times. You have a good point and it should be better, but it is also an old point.

1. Go to Comcast.net and sign in. You can use the online DVR manager to add 2 hours of recording time.
2. Record the program that follows the race...

@jayfish wrote:

I expect to miss more than half of the finishes this year due to the fact that I cannot pad a (race)  recording for more than five minutes. I really, really like the X1 platform and cannot believe this is still an issue. This is basic DVR functionality that is more than a decade old. 

Contributor

Until resolved,  it needs to be brought up every time the recording of live events is touted as a feature. Seriously... 

Gold Problem Solver

That does not work with Comcast.... Besides they are well aware of this issue. Like I said, it's not new.

A while back, a Comcast employee hinted that they were working on a system that would automatically extend recordings without any user intervention. Obviously that would be really cool. But we haven't heard anything about it for quite some time.

Welcome to the wild wild world of X1...

jayfish wrote:

Until resolved,  it needs to be brought up every time the recording of live events is touted as a feature. Seriously...