Community Forum

N Cal fire regroup

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: N Cal fire regroup

Hi X121, only one residential account can be tied to a home address at a time. I can look into this further for you and see how we can accommodate you and the other family due to the fire destroying their home. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Expert

Re: N Cal fire regroup

X121 wrote:
Hi,
We live in Sonoma county and have friends who will be moving into our house for an unknown (but probably long term) amount of time while their house is being rebuilt after the recent fires. We have Comcast Xfinity X1 which we use to record & watch shows remotely either on our iPads or on apps (& cast to remote TV). Our friends have their own X1 Xfinity account. They will use our server & TV while staying in our home. We'd each like to be able to record & watch TV separately (they at our home and we remotely via iPad or laptop & Chromecast) using our own individual Xfinity accounts . Right. I.e. we have just 1 xfinity dvr in our home. How is this best accomplished?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

N Cal fire regroup

Hi,
We live in Sonoma county and have friends who will be moving into our house for an unknown (but probably long term) amount of time while their house is being rebuilt after the recent fires. We have Comcast Xfinity X1 which we use to record & watch shows remotely either on our iPads or on apps (& cast to remote TV). Our friends have their own X1 Xfinity account. They will use our server & TV while staying in our home. We'd each like to be able to record & watch TV separately (they at our home and we remotely via iPad or laptop & Chromecast) using our own individual Xfinity accounts . Right. I.e. we have just 1 xfinity dvr in our home. How is this best accomplished?