Community Forum

MyDVR Manager - setting series recording and specifying channel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

MyDVR Manager - setting series recording and specifying channel

Is there some way to specify the channel I'd like to record a series from? e.g. I want to record CSI. It is available on CBS (SD and HD) and apparently Spike. I do a search for 'CSI,' click TV listings from the results, and on the show page, click 'Rec Series.' At this point I get a popup showing SPKHD and my only options are 'this channel only' or 'all channels.' Now I've got a few choices:

• Select 'this channel only' and record 'new and repeats' meaning I end up with about 95% of episodes stuff I don't want
  • Select 'this channel only' and record 'Only new episodes,' meaning I get nothing because Spike doesn't broadcast the new episodes.
  • Select 'All channels' which means all I get are SD quality episodes (I have no idea why, it just seems the DVR preferentially selects the SD channel).

Is there really no way for me to specify that I want only new HD episodes? Did somebody at Comcast think 'Catch-22' was a UI design philosphy?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: MyDVR Manager - setting series recording and specifying channel

go to your cable box menu, choose your CBS hd channel, find CSI and set up a series recording and do just new episodes.  It will record just that channel and only new episodes.

Official Employee

colin_young wrote:

Is there some way to specify the channel I'd like to record a series from? e.g. I want to record CSI. It is available on CBS (SD and HD) and apparently Spike. I do a search for 'CSI,' click TV listings from the results, and on the show page, click 'Rec Series.' At this point I get a popup showing SPKHD and my only options are 'this channel only' or 'all channels.' Now I've got a few choices:

• Select 'this channel only' and record 'new and repeats' meaning I end up with about 95% of episodes stuff I don't want
  • Select 'this channel only' and record 'Only new episodes,' meaning I get nothing because Spike doesn't broadcast the new episodes.
  • Select 'All channels' which means all I get are SD quality episodes (I have no idea why, it just seems the DVR preferentially selects the SD channel).

Is there really no way for me to specify that I want only new HD episodes? Did somebody at Comcast think 'Catch-22' was a UI design philosphy?

Go to our TV Listings page and find the CSI episode that is airing on 12/7/11 at 10 PM on CBSHD. Here you will be able to record just new episodes that appear on CBS in HD.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. I will take this as a request to make this process easier from you and pass it along to them to consdier for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I hope so Joe! Thank you for the alternative suggestion