Community Forum

My two small companion boxes not working...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

My two small companion boxes not working...

Have had this problem for three weeks. Tech comes out mumbling the whole time pants sagging and has to be 12 and <edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Changes the coax cable to stop freezing issue on bedroom boxes. Then next thing you know he says it didn’t work and he will have to send another tech out with an amplifier. After telling him one had been installed he said it may be bad and that he has to send another tech out Sunday. Sunday came no tech so I had to switch the appt cause he set it for a day I work and still waiting. Well after he left the boxes stop working all together. They won’t connect to the dvr box. The guy also changed my modem which I had no problem with. X1 is not working in either bedroom and this guy did nothing. Don’t understand why the boxes don’t have their own tuners? Can anyone help?

Expert

Re: My two small companion boxes not working...

@jego28jg wrote:
Have had this problem for three weeks. Tech comes out mumbling the whole time pants sagging and has to be 12 and know absolutely nothing. Changes the coax cable to stop freezing issue on bedroom boxes. Then next thing you know he says it didn’t work and he will have to send another tech out with an amplifier. After telling him one had been installed he said it may be bad and that he has to send another tech out Sunday. Sunday came no tech so I had to switch the appt cause he set it for a day I work and still waiting. Well after he left the boxes stop working all together. They won’t connect to the dvr box. The guy also changed my modem which I had no problem with. X1 is not working in either bedroom and this guy did nothing. Don’t understand why the boxes don’t have their own tuners? Can anyone help?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: My two small companion boxes not working...

Hello jego28jg. I can assist with troubleshooting your X1 boxes that are not working, and schedule another technician visit if needed. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!