Community Forum

My one tv keeps having issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

My one tv keeps having issues

The photo is what keeps happening to my tv in my bedroom but my living room tv work perfectly fine. This just started a couple months ago. Have had these boxes for almost 2 years. Comcast is NO help. They want to send someone out here but charge an arm and leg if it’s something with wiring but won’t help us if they can’t come out here.
0E38FBB7-DBC2-4D39-B8E0-55F17B1807EF.jpeg
Expert

Re: My one tv keeps having issues

SR17 wrote:
The photo is what keeps happening to my tv in my bedroom but my living room tv work perfectly fine. This just started a couple months ago. Have had these boxes for almost 2 years. Comcast is NO help. They want to send someone out here but charge an arm and leg if it’s something with wiring but won’t help us if they can’t come out here.

the 'small' box appears to not be able to contact the DVR or HD set top box. Do you have just two set top boxes? if so, is one a DVR and one is an Xi3/XiD? If so, I would take in the Xi3/Xid and swap it for same-priced XG2 to free up a tuner on the DVR and to let that unit operate independently of the DVR (except for in-home DVR playback).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: My one tv keeps having issues

SR17 wrote:

It's possible that your just missing a moca filter, there's a third device interfering with your dvr and Xid. 

Unrelated to X1, your modem is considered end of life and should be replaced.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!