Community Forum

My cable box is not listed

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

My cable box is not listed

I cannot see my new (exchanged) cable box under My Devices settings on the website. The old box that failed seems to be still listed there.

Regular Visitor

Re: My cable box is not listed

same exact problm  plus caller ID won't display on screen.

Regular Visitor

Re: My cable box is not listed

I know it's a late reply but I'll reply for a benefit of others having the same issue. After a week of calling to technical support for hours, getting run around between various "teams" and being fed wildly incorrect information, e.g. it's not suppose to work this way, it does not work with your box, there is no feature like you describe, etc, I got a competent person on the phone who did his magic. So my advice is to keep calling them until it gets fixed. As I recall now, it might've also required up to 24 hours for an update from one side of there system to get down to the cable box and the web apps.

In the end, I was left with an impression that there is a big communication gap between hardware (cable box) people and those who write and support Comcast apps and the website. My hope is that they'd get better at it over time. Another thing that could’ve reduced the amount of frustration on my part would be availability of more technical description of their overall system architecture: what parts there are and how they are supposed to work together. We all can dream, right?