Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Must pay extra for On Demand with my Regular Channels?

New Poster

Must pay extra for On Demand with my Regular Channels?

I recently downgraded my cable and internet services to a more basic levels where I have the basic 25 tv channels plus I pay extra for HBO and I get 100 mbps of internet speed. Now I find out that while I have the 25 tv channels, I no longer have access to On Demand for these 25 channels and I have to upgrade my services to get On Demand. I am already paying $82 monthly for this package ($91 with taxes monthly). Is this all I get for $91 monthly? Is there some mistake about my On Demand options? I also had to call multiple times to Comcast to get this worked out, and there are also other problems with Comcast in my area--outages, slower internet speeds than what I am paying for. I called Comcast to complain about the On Demand denial, but the customer service rep said he couldn't help me. Does anyone know about On Demand options with the more basic cable tv and internet bundle packages? 

New Poster

Re: Awful Customer Service and Constant Lack of Response

I have also called Comcast multiple times to work out downgrading my services, and several of the conversations were not recorded in their notes, so I had to call back to go over the same downgrading requests. 

Official Employee

Re: Awful Customer Service and Constant Lack of Response

Hi junebug4! As the corporate digital care team, we primarily work through private messages on social media to resolve concerns. If you are still interested in downgrading your services, I'd be more than happy to help you.  Below is a link that will help you find the current promotions and offers available in your area. Click here to see if you find something you are interested in.

If you would like to proceed with repackaging your account, please send me a private message with the street address and first and last name of the account holder. To send a private message click on my name, ComcastChe, then click private message me and we can proceed.

Contributor

Re: Must pay extra for On Demand with my Regular Channels?

You are lucky. I have triple play with most channels incl HBO, but not all premium channels. When I tried to get access to On Demand for a PBS show that I had just missed part 2 (DVRd just after part 1 same evening) I was told that I needed to subscribe to NetFlix. Never had this happen before. When I tried to call support I wasted most of the day going thru the menu, holding on and then after about 8 minutes was told that no agents were available. Try again. This happened 6 times before I gave up. I have the upgraded IBox with voice for 4 TVs 2 computers and 2 Comcast VOIP phones. Is Comcast looking to have customers switch to streaming from cable?

New Poster

Re: Must pay extra for On Demand with my Regular Channels?

when its comes to value for you money comacast if horrible. I pay $240 a month and i dont get much myself. I am moving to direct TV, as they offered me all that comcast is and more for only 185. and moreover calling billing department is an abolute waste of time as they just try to manupulate you with bunch of lies. i have been made a fool for 3 months stragiht now.