Community Forum

Moral packages?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert
Moved:

Re: Moral packages?

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Official Employee

Re: Moral packages?

moral wrote:

So we were told we could not opt out of certain channels in any given package.  However, upon perusing my account, I was able to find options for Asian, Latino, Black and LGBT films and TV.  Just wondering why we cannot opt out of any of these channels, but these groups can obviously opt in to these selections?  Doesn"t seem ethical to force us to pay to support channels we don"t partake of, does it?  Especially when the parameters are already in place to separate these options, clearly.  Also, if we don"t pay for "Adult" channels, why must we see the vulgar titles while scrolling through the channel guide.  Surely there is a way to have the obscene titles obscured until you subscribe to that package.  While we may certainly  be able to control the content viewed, we don't have the option of keeping that language out of our channel guide.  We must rely on Comcast Exfinity for that.  Any insight? We truly just want the same options that have been afforded to others.  

You are able to hide Adult Titles in the on-screen guide grid.  

More information is available at the links below:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-parental-controls-safe-browse

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/control-what-your-child-watches/

New Poster

Moral packages?

So we were told we could not opt out of certain channels in any given package.  However, upon perusing my account, I was able to find options for Asian, Latino, Black and LGBT films and TV.  Just wondering why we cannot opt out of any of these channels, but these groups can obviously opt in to these selections?  Doesn"t seem ethical to force us to pay to support channels we don"t partake of, does it?  Especially when the parameters are already in place to separate these options, clearly.  Also, if we don"t pay for "Adult" channels, why must we see the vulgar titles while scrolling through the channel guide.  Surely there is a way to have the obscene titles obscured until you subscribe to that package.  While we may certainly  be able to control the content viewed, we don't have the option of keeping that language out of our channel guide.  We must rely on Comcast Exfinity for that.  Any insight? We truly just want the same options that have been afforded to others.