Community Forum

MeTV and LaffTV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

MeTV and LaffTV

When will Metv and Lafftv be available to Northampton MA. When I visit Boston they have both of these channels.

Regular Contributor

Re: MeTV and LaffTV

I assume you are getting most of your local broadcast stations from Springfield.

MeTV and Laff are usually carried as subchannels by other stations.  For example, in Boston, MeTV is a secondary channel of its ABC station, WCVB, and Laff is a secondary channel of its Fox station, WFXT.   Unfortunately, according to Wikipedia, no stations in Springfield (or anywhere in Massachusetts other than the ones in Boston) carry MeTV or Laff, so they won't be available where you live.

And this won't change if you switch to another cable carrier.  In fact, one of the reasons I switched back to Comcast from AT&T U-Verse is, AT&T makes it a point not to carry the secondary channels unless it's one of the "big four" networks - people who live in areas where CW is on a subchannel have been complaining for years, to no avail.

Hmmm...according to my TV listings, in San Francisco, Laff should be available on KGO-DT3, but Comcast only carries the main KGO channel and KGO-DT2 (LiveWell) for some reason...