Community Forum

Main box shows not connected but works fine.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Main box shows not connected but works fine.

@b_tiger wrote:
I restarted the MoCA on the modem’s settings. Maybe it should be working now?

It looks better than it did yesterday

New Poster

I restarted the MoCA on the modem’s settings. Maybe it should be working now?
Official Employee

The boxes use Moca to communicate, the Moca levels are low. Check all of your wiring, connections are tight and remove any unnecessary splitters.

Unrelated to X1, your modem,s signal levels are out of spec and not in the range they should be in to work properly.
Silver Problem Solver

@b_tiger wrote:
Main box: XG2v2-P model PX022ANM
Secondary box: XiD-P model PXD01ANI

I don't know anything about the XiD-P other than this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Since it has to use the tuners from the XG2v2, I would prefer a second XG2v2 instead.  Any chance you could swap it out at your nearest Xfinity Store?  It should be a free swap and I believe they show up on your statement as costing the same.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Main box: XG2v2-P model PX022ANM
Secondary box: XiD-P model PXD01ANI
Silver Problem Solver

What are the make and model of your X1 boxes?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Main box shows not connected but works fine.

We haven’t had many problems with X1 until recently. The cable on our secondary set top box keeps going out. Whenever this happens, I look on the my account app and see the main set top box is disconnected, causing the secondary box to lose signal. But I turn on that main box and it works just fine. Sometimes after unplugging it and plugging it back in, the system works again, and sometimes not. Any suggestions on how to make it stop showing disconnected?