Community Forum

Main X1 works great, basement X1d-p stalls

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Main X1 works great, basement X1d-p stalls

we have a few tv's throughout the house with the main X1 in the living room and the X1d-p in our basement media room. Everything works fine except for the media room. We'll be watching regular tv/recorded/movie on demand ect. and periodically it will freeze for a minute or five minutes... Some times a error code will come on (will post when I see it again) and it will restart from where it left off. I have switched out the splitter, that did nothing. I've made sure everything is tight but it keeps happening. We have a great basement setup but with this problem it is a real annoyance to watch much here... any ideas?

Expert

Re: Main X1 works great, basement X1d-p stalls

@groundhogsday wrote:

we have a few tv's throughout the house with the main X1 in the living room and the X1d-p in our basement media room. Everything works fine except for the media room. We'll be watching regular tv/recorded/movie on demand ect. and periodically it will freeze for a minute or five minutes... Some times a error code will come on (will post when I see it again) and it will restart from where it left off. I have switched out the splitter, that did nothing. I've made sure everything is tight but it keeps happening. We have a great basement setup but with this problem it is a real annoyance to watch much here... any ideas?

You may have an internal issue with signal degradation to that location in the house.  Wiring and how it is run can be a fickle thing to try and diagnose.  If possible, run a new wire and see if that clears the issue ( if it does, you know the wiring to that location is bad/kinked/frayed/chewed etc ).  Signal may also be an issue if the wiring is deemed good.  A zero-loss amp may be needed.  In your situation, I would request a TECH onsite to evaluate the levels and make the necessary repairs to get you up and running.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!