Community Forum

Main Top-Box DVR is displaying "boot" on the receiver

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Main Top-Box DVR is displaying "boot" on the receiver

Hi everyone,

So the last couple of days my cable box started to act funny where it would freeze or power cycle itself off and restart again.  Now I believe my box has completely given out as now it just "boot" on the receiver.  Has anyone had this issue and if so what do I need to do?  Someone mention it could be the signal in the house or sometheing of that nature.

Expert

Re: Main Top-Box DVR is displaying "boot" on the receiver

@cqmwilliams06 wrote:

Hi everyone,

So the last couple of days my cable box started to act funny where it would freeze or power cycle itself off and restart again.  Now I believe my box has completely given out as now it just "boot" on the receiver.  Has anyone had this issue and if so what do I need to do?  Someone mention it could be the signal in the house or sometheing of that nature.

try a power unplug for 30 seconds to a minute then plug in again. If still stuck with boot on screen time for a new box. if you have a 4k TV you might want to try to get a 4k DVR as a replacement (same price).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I tried doing that and even chatted with Tech Support and they are saying that it has something to do with the signal in my hosuse.  I don't believe that becaue my internet is working fine, and I will go the service center tomorrow to get a new box.

Official Employee

@cqmwilliams06 wrote:

I tried doing that and even chatted with Tech Support and they are saying that it has something to do with the signal in my hosuse.  I don't believe that becaue my internet is working fine, and I will go the service center tomorrow to get a new box.

I responded to your private message, try moving the dvr temporarily to where one of your secondary boxes is, and see if it boots up to live TV

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!