Community Forum

MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

Just started DVR service, so I headed to my local service center to pick up a dvr capable box. I was given the XG1v4-A. Unfortunately the unit was not functional. Spent a couple of hours this morning on the phone with support, and the verdict was that I need a new one. Upon heading back, I was given the MX011ANM, which is much bigger and seemingly quite a bit older. Upon asking about the difference between them, I was told there was none and that they all do the same thing. Can this be true? Is anyone able to educate me as to the difference between these units, and whether I should want the newer model?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A

The V4 is too new and too rare for us to be able to answer you. Very few are in circulation.

The V4 is a 4K capable box. If and when Comcast ever delivers 4K signals you may wish you had one. Unless you have a 4K TV and until Comcast actually delivers 4K signals there is probably very little for you to worry about. You are fine with the box you were given.

On the other hand, if you are an audio/video enthusiast and you have a 4K capable TV set you may wish you had the V4 box.

rustyben please spare us any of your technobable responses...

617NSB wrote:

Just started DVR service, so I headed to my local service center to pick up a dvr capable box. I was given the XG1v4-A. Unfortunately the unit was not functional. Spent a couple of hours this morning on the phone with support, and the verdict was that I need a new one. Upon heading back, I was given the MX011ANM, which is much bigger and seemingly quite a bit older. Upon asking about the difference between them, I was told there was none and that they all do the same thing. Can this be true? Is anyone able to educate me as to the difference between these units, and whether I should want the newer model?

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: MX011ANM Vs XG1v4-A