Community Forum

MSNBC in Tupelo MS

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: MSNBC in Tupelo MS

What makes this triply strange is that MSNBC is usually now in the top 5 most-watched channels across all of cable TV...though maybe not in Tupelo... Smiley Happy  And they get substantially better ratings than CNN, which I assume you do get (or maybe I assume incorrectly?).

New Poster

MSNBC is owned by Comcast now. It's now 2018, so why is it not shown in this area? Is it politics?

Official Employee

Rebelbrad wrote:
This is a kind request/plea/beg:

Can we please get MSNBC put back on our guide in Tupelo, MS? We had it at one time and then it was removed. Now we can only stream it online from the Comcast site (which we can't do due to the fear of breaking Comcast's data cap on internet usage.

Comcast owns MSNBC... yet doesn't provide it to customers. I don't understand. Not everyone in our area wants news from Fox News (which, of course, is available). I have one of the top packages available.

Apologies, MSNBC is not currently offered in your area. There are plans in the works to potentially offer this channel in your area in 2017.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

I realize that is not the answer that you were looking for but that is the current situation and an accurate answer.

In areas where we have been trialing a data usage plan (not all areas), the usage has been increased to 1 TB. Details at the link below:   

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/a-terabyte-internet-experience

New Poster

Yes, please Comcast bring MSNBC to Tupelo, I recently moved here and would like to watch my regular line up of news. MSNBC IN TUPELO PLEASE!
New Poster

MSNBC in Tupelo MS

This is a kind request/plea/beg:

Can we please get MSNBC put back on our guide in Tupelo, MS? We had it at one time and then it was removed. Now we can only stream it online from the Comcast site (which we can't do due to the fear of breaking Comcast's data cap on internet usage.

Comcast owns MSNBC... yet doesn't provide it to customers. I don't understand. Not everyone in our area wants news from Fox News (which, of course, is available). I have one of the top packages available.