Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Either comcast fixed my issue in the last 10 minutes without me calling the number listed in this thread, or the steps I'm about to outline actually fixed my issue.
1. Visit maxgo.com on a desktop compouter.
2. Hit "sign in" and choose "comcast xfinity" as your provider.
3. This will redirect you to a maxgo/xfinity co-branded login page where it asks you to enter your comcast username and pw.
4. If you are at this login page, click in the address bar of your browser, you should see a massive link ending in "&forceAuthn=0"
5. Change "&forceAuthn=0" to "&forceAuthn=1", leave the rest of the link as is.
6. Hit enter to refresh the page using the "&forceAuthn=1" ending.
7. Now you can enter your comcast credentials and login.
8. Hopefully, you got the same result I did and you're redireted to the maxgo webpage and no longer the "Good News!" comcast page.
9. Post whether this worked or didn't in this thread so others know whether to try it before calling the number.
Confirmed as working for when trying to activate HBOgo "from hbogo.com/activate (after selecting AppleTV as the device and Xfinity as the provider), an xfinity page loads saying the I 'already have the service'."
I am sorry for the inconvenience. Are you trying to access HBO Go on your XBOX? If so, I have provided the steps below:
Same problem, can't activate the Roku, I get the congratulations screen instead of option to enter the code. Really fed up.