Community Forum

MAXgo/HBOgo: getting redirected to the "good news" page instead of being logged in

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

MAXgo/HBOgo: getting redirected to the "good news" page instead of being logged in

Either comcast fixed my issue in the last 10 minutes without me calling the number listed in this thread, or the steps I'm about to outline actually fixed my issue.

1. Visit maxgo.com on a desktop compouter. 

2. Hit "sign in" and choose "comcast xfinity" as your provider.

3. This will redirect you to a maxgo/xfinity co-branded login page where it asks you to enter your comcast username and pw.  

4.  If you are at this login page, click in the address bar of your browser, you should see a massive link ending in "&forceAuthn=0"

5.  Change "&forceAuthn=0"  to "&forceAuthn=1", leave the rest of the link as is.

6. Hit enter to refresh the page using the "&forceAuthn=1" ending.

7.  Now you can enter your comcast credentials and login.

8.  Hopefully, you got the same result I did and you're redireted to the maxgo webpage and no longer the "Good News!" comcast page.

9.  Post whether this worked or didn't in this thread so others know whether to try it before calling the number.

Frequent Visitor

Re: MAXgo/HBOgo: getting redirected to the "good news" page instead of bein

Confirmed as working for when trying to activate HBOgo "from hbogo.com/activate (after selecting AppleTV as the device and Xfinity as the provider), an xfinity page loads saying the I 'already have the service'."

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Can-t-active-HBO-GO-on-Apple-TV/td-p/2617872

New Poster

Re: MAXgo/HBOgo: getting redirected to the "good news" page instead of being logged in

Does not work for me.  Fuming.......  :-(

Visitor

Re: MAXgo/HBOgo: getting redirected to the "good news" page instead of being logged in

Did not work for me
Visitor

this did NOT work for me with HBO

Problem Solver

darrajsam,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Are you trying to access HBO Go on your XBOX? If so, I have provided the steps below:

HBO Go on Xbox
  1. Download the application from the Xbox App market.
  2. Start HBO GO from the device.
  3. Log on to the Xbox LIVE account.
  4. Click Activate to get the activation code.
  5. Navigate to www.hbogo.com/activate and select Comcast as the provider.
  6. Enter the activation code.
  7. Click Activate. A “Success!” message indicates that you are ready to start streaming on HBO GO.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Same problem,  can't activate the Roku, I get the congratulations screen instead of option to enter the code.  Really fed up.

New Poster

FYI - If you are using a VPN client on your laptop you will get the error.