Community Forum

Lost some HD channels after channel change

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Lost some HD channels after channel change

We have lost several HD channels after the change and they have not come back.  They have a Ref Code; S0a00 and say they should be available shortly.  Some of the channels are 1492 HGTV, 1479 MILH, and 1478 HisHD.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Lost some HD channels after channel change

"One Moment Please, Available Shortly, Ref code S0a00" and similar messages are generated by the cable box when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. This might be because of a bad box or a problem at Comcast (check https://customer.xfinity.com/, 1-800-Comcast voice response, or the "My Account" app) but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/service-protection-plan/, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

For additional information please see Pixelation, video and audio dropouts, One Moment Please S0a00 messages.

Official Employee

Hi UserKessler, the error code that you're experiencing is caused by poor signal going to your equipment. The information that (BruceW) shared is a good place to start when troubleshooting your equipment, if you still get this error please reach back out to me and we can look further into your signals and possibly schedule a tech. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Amir,  Thanks for the reply.  We have a long (150') line between the pole and house and we have had several callouts throughout the years for weak signals and pixelating.  We have a comcast installed 4 port (3 TVs, 1 modem) amplified splitter just inside the house, it does have power applied (green power light lit).  I checked all coax connections, checked the coaxes for damage, and powered down the DVR.  I still have the weak signal problem.  Thanks for your help.                 Gene

Official Employee

Hello Gene, I am more than happy to assist you with getting this problem resolved. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

UserKessler wrote: They ended up putting us on X1 and fixing a damaged line just outside the house.  The last technician was very knowledgeable.  Thanks for your help and I hope this is a permanent fix this time.

I am glad we were able to get this taken care of for you, have a good day.