Community Forum

Lost DVR recordings?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Lost DVR recordings?

I moved today. Is there any way to get all the recordings I already had on my DVR. Also. Can the items I had scheduled to record be brought to my new house also? They gave me all new equipment, but I thought it was also tied to your account somehow??? I have a feeling I'm SOL, but just thought I would ask.... Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Lost DVR recordings?

If the transfer was done correctly, you would’ve been able to access the last 60 hours recorded and your scheduled recordings. Did you get a new Comcast username/password when you moved? Try Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Sync DVR and press OK. I’ve escalated it up to a colleague who can look at the back end and verify your transfer.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Lost DVR recordings?

Hi aj2451. I can assist with checking our back end provisioning for your DVR programming transfer. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!