Community Forum

Logo in HD

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Logo in HD

Hello all, unfortunately "Logo" is not offered on Comcast in HD at this time. I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

Contributor

Bump! Isn't there any official word from Comcast on IF and when they will be converting their cable SD channels to HD?

It's been over a year since you converted ALL cable channels to low quality 720p feeds and placed them in the x264 codec.  switching the codec from ATSC MPEG2 to AVC saved at least 70% bandwidth! (all the prem cable channels are now a steady 3200 kb/s with little to no "look-ahead".

SO WHY NOT give us all of our channels in HD?  

watching documentaries or Ru-Paul cropped to 704x368 INTERLACED (so it's really on 352x368 that) resolution scaled up to 1080p or even 4k on a 43" television looks TERRIBLE no matter what anyone at Comcast says.  This is unaceptable! Heck, why would anyone choose to watch that anywhere -- I

-John
New Poster

I'm requesting Logo in HD also please. 

New Poster

I live in South Florida... when are we getting Logo HD?
Silver Problem Solver

As far as I can tell, Comcast doesn't even have a mainstream channel like TVLand available in HD. Even with the MPEG4 upgrades (or with the 720p debacle, downgrade), the only HD channels added by me were two hunting/fishing channels.

New Poster

I live in Maryland and I would like Logo in HD. I mean this is 2016
New Poster

I live in Maryland and I would like Logo in HD
New Poster

I too, would love to watch Logo in HD. I have Comcast/Xfinity and live in Nashville.
Admin1

Provostik -- Don't know if there is a plan or not to have this added but like the previous posters, I have created a channel request for you. 

New Poster

I live in Minneapolis, MN and with the wide array of HD channels availale on Xfinity I'm surprised Logo isn't available in HD, as its shows are show and shown in HD in other markets.  

Is there a plan to have this upgrade made in the near future? 

Thanks!

Admin1

sfsean76 and drhull -- I've placed a channel request for LOGO HD. We track these requests to help us evaluate what channels we should add to our lineups. 

Problem Solver

Logo HD has just launched in the last couple months, so no one had it before then. Dish had an upconverted version for years.

Comcast is missing many Viacom channels that have had HD feeds for much longer than Logo like TV Land and MTV 2.

I don't know when Comcast's next deal with Viacom comes up, but that may be the best chance for you to get Logo HD.
New Poster

Logo in HD

I live in the Bay Area and Logo is one of my more watched stations. One thing is why isn't there a Logo station in the HD channels. Feel like I'm missing out not seeing all that glitter and sequence on Rupaul's drag race in its true HD form! Come on Comcast, bring us a logo HD channel please!