Community Forum

Login to Streaming Loop

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Login to Streaming Loop

I just tried to watch online (on my macbook) for the first time since the website was updated.   Everytime I try to sign in, the page looks like it is going to load (I get the "now connecting to your entertainment experience" page) and then when the page finally loads it takes me back to the TV home page and does NOT log me in.  I've been struggling for over an hour.  Is anyone else having this issue?

New Poster

Re: Login to Streaming Loop

I've been having the same issue. Its been this way for 2 days now

New Poster

Im having the same exact problem. Ive been checking back everyday for about 4 days now and its always the same, it just wont get past the log in page. The app still works fine on my phone but this is all it does on my computer

Frequent Visitor

Same here... the old website worked yesterday just fine... today we're rerouted to the new portal and I we can't even get in... boooooo

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue withe Chrome. It works fine in IE11... Did not test in Firefox.

Contributor

KT324 wrote:

I just tried to watch online (on my macbook) for the first time since the website was updated.   Everytime I try to sign in, the page looks like it is going to load (I get the "now connecting to your entertainment experience" page) and then when the page finally loads it takes me back to the TV home page and does NOT log me in.  I've been struggling for over an hour.  Is anyone else having this issue?

I have been having this same problem since the change (which they never told us was happening).  I use firefox and cannot login either, but when I go to the homepage it recognizes that I have infact logged in. 

Contributor

Well it looks like comcast does not care about our specific problem, so perhaps we can at least get base line information to see what is the same between us all, and what is different.  Here is some of my info,  I am using the latest version of firefox, I have reinstalled flash player, I have disabled addons, ABP, ghostery, and have added comcast to the exceptions list with regards to pop-ups and cookies which will allow those to be accepted on the comcast page.  I am also using windows 7, with an ethernet connection.  I can log on to the streaming site on internet explorer and watch live tv and ondemand movies/shows.  When using firefox, my user name on the homepage in the upper right identifies correctly, but when I choose the email icon to get to my email page my user id is guest even though I can get my emails. 

If people could give similar info to see what we have in common/different we may be able to find what is going on here. 

New Poster

I'm using the latest Safari on my macbook pro.  I, too, have reinstalled flash player and even upgraded to OS Sierra.  Wifi connection.   Still doesn't seem to be working today either

New Poster

I was also having this problem for the past couple days but I found a temporary fix! I was using chrome but after switching to firefox and updating Flash, I no longer get caught in the login loop.

New Poster

I switched to firefox and updated flash and now it's working

New Poster

I've tested in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, all with no additional addons or exceptions. Flash is up to date, and tested on Win 7 Pro, Win 10, and OS Sierra... Still no dice.

I will not be testing on IE 11, it's a horrid browser and I refuse to use it. If comcast can't release an update available on all platforms, it shouldnt be released at all

I'll be bumping this daily until we get a responce here

Contributor

"Have you tried turning off the power at all of your household circuit breakers, waiting 15 seconds, and then turning them on again?"

It's simply ridiculous that Comcast cannot manage to produce web applications that don't massively break. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE OR MAGIC, GUYS!

Oh wait - they're a monopoly, so it doesn't matter!

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same thing. I haven't had much issue with Xfinity in the time that I've had it. But this has me spitting bullets. Have they not heard of 'If it ain't broke don't fix it?' WELL, now it's broken. I called, they're 'aware' of the problem for what that's worth.  Just shut down the 'improved' site and put the other one back.  I had a feeling the new site would be a pain.  I avoided it far as long as I could. Then it was thrust upon me.  

New Poster

It may have to do with Chrome's "Block third-party cookies and site data" option.

Here's what worked for me in Chrome on macOS Sierra:

- cleared browsing data

Chrome -> Preferences... -> Show advanced settings... -> Privacy -> Clear browsing data...

restarted Chrome

- adjust cookie settings

Chrome -> Preferences... -> Show advanced settings... -> Privacy -> Content settings...

Cookies

(select) Allow local data to be set (recommended)

(uncheck) Block third-party cookies and site data

After that, I was able to login to Xfinity, accept terms, name my device...and it actually got through instead of looping back again.  In the end, the only real setting I changed was unchecking "Block third-party cookies and site data".  I'm not a big fan of turning that protection off, but it seemed to work.

Good luck!

Tags (1)
Contributor

dreband wrote:

I was also having this problem for the past couple days but I found a temporary fix! I was using chrome but after switching to firefox and updating Flash, I no longer get caught in the login loop.

That is rather interesting, because I installed Chrome and I can login and watch there, but still cannot on firefox even though I already updated flash. Hmmm...

Frequent Visitor

My first attempt I searched through cookies for any reference to comcast and xfinity.  Deleted them, no joy.

Then I said **** it and deleted all of my cookies, again same login loop.

I added Xfinity.com and Comcast.net to my cookie exception list.

Then I turned on accept third party cookies just this once.  Low and behold it didn't skip past the name your device screen.

I named my device "computer" and voila I get to watch TV online again.

Out of curiosity I logged out, turned accept third party cookies back to never and I can still login just fine. Success!

I think the inability to set the device name due to the browser setting not accepting 3rd party cookies is what causes the loop.  Xfinity.com has to verify with Comcast.net and since the cookie won't set it won't allow the verification.  Since it still worked after I turned 3rd party cookies back to never I'll assume it only needs to do this verification once per session at the very least.  It might not be a permanent fix if it is per session.  You would have to set it to accept 3rd party cookies every session.  I have no idea how long the session lasts for their cookies.

For those interested here's a screenshot of the cookies it set after I wiped cookies, turned on accept 3rd party cookies, successfully logged in., then set 3rd party cookies back to never.  There are zero actual 3rd parties involved like I thought there would be. 

The problem is that you are logging in from Xfinity.com domain name but it needs to set 3 cookies for Comcast.net which is a 3rd party (not originating domain).

This is BAD web developing.  Are you Comcast or are you XFinity make up your ******* mind!

So it's all perfectly in-house under Comcast/Xfinity's roof. I'm really happy to see they aren't setting outside 3rd party cookies.  Good job Comcast you are running your website correctly... well in this specific case anyway.  Don't get me started on how there are 2 domains that ping pong you back and forth to change account settings and preferences.

XfinityTV_Cookies.PNG
Contributor

djdevon3 wrote:

The problem is that you are logging in from Xfinity.com domain name but it also wants to set a cookie for Comcast.net which is a 3rd party (not originating domain).  

This is almost certainly what's happening. D'oh! Do these guys hire any actual web engineers, or is it just a bunch of copy-paste script kiddies?

New Poster

After reading djdevon3's helpful post showing what Firefox turned up, I decided to go back into Chrome to see if I could refine my settings so that I could turn the "Block third-party cookies and site data" protection back on.

This seems to have worked for me...

----------
Block third party cookies but allow exceptions for xfinity.com and comcast.net:

Chrome -> Preferences... -> Show advanced settings... -> Privacy -> Content settings...
Cookies
(select) Allow local data to be set (recommended)
(check) Block third-party cookies and site data

Click on "Manage exceptions..." and add the following:

Hostname pattern     Behavior
[*.]xfinity.com            Allow
[*.]comcast.net         Allow

Click "Done"
----------

To test this, I cleared all of my browsing data, signed in to Xfinity, accepted terms, named my device, and it all got through without looping back. So far, so good.

Cheers.

Frequent Visitor

I don't use Chrome so that's very helpful.  This should help just anyone having the login loop now no matter what browser you prefer (IE, Edge, FireFox, Chrome, Navigator, Safari).  It's just a cookie setting issue.  If you add an exception to allow cookies for both domains as "thismightwork" posted it should work on any browser.

SOLVED Smiley Happy

If you do not know how to add a cookie exception for your browser then do a search (google, bing, yahoo, etc..) and learn how.