Community Forum

Latest X1 4k dvr

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Latest X1 4k dvr

I upgraded to the latest 4k X1 dvr and have had issues every since. I have a 4K 55" Vizio Tv and cannot use the fastest Port.

Have had three Technicians come out and no one can solve the problem. They hooked the box to a slower port and now it comes on but we get drop outs while watching or recording. When hooked to the fastest port the DVR will not recognize the tv after the nightly updates. Have to unplug dvr every morning and restart.

CANNOT FIND ANYONE AT COMCAST that seems to care about finding a solution.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Latest X1 4k dvr

@genestout1146 wrote:

I upgraded to the latest 4k X1 dvr and have had issues every since. I have a 4K 55" Vizio Tv and cannot use the fastest Port.

Have had three Technicians come out and no one can solve the problem. They hooked the box to a slower port and now it comes on but we get drop outs while watching or recording. When hooked to the fastest port the DVR will not recognize the tv after the nightly updates. Have to unplug dvr every morning and restart.

I don't know whether this applies to you but it is interesting.

https://support.roku.com/article/230317588-why-is-hdcp-2-2-important-to-playing-4k-or-4k-hdr-content...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

@genestout1146 wrote:

I don't know whether this applies to you but it is interesting.

https://support.roku.com/article/230317588-why-is-hdcp-2-2-important-to-playing-4k-or-4k-hdr-content...

The article looks very helpful.

However; I don't consider Viso TV's on a par with: Samsung, Sony, or LG (OLED televisions). The problem might end up being their current Visio tv.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

My Vizio has a high speed HDMI port rated at 60 hz and hdcp2.2, but when hooked to this port every thig works good untill the overnight updates and the first time tv is turnred on the tv says no input source and I have to remove power from box wait 10 seconds and plug back in. everything starts to work ok and again every nights box update crashes the connection. How is this my TVs issu. It is a X! Box software glitch and Cocast needs to fix it!!!!!!!!

Expert

@genestout1146 wrote:

My Vizio has a high speed HDMI port rated at 60 hz and hdcp2.2, but when hooked to this port every thig works good untill the overnight updates and the first time tv is turnred on the tv says no input source and I have to remove power from box wait 10 seconds and plug back in. everything starts to work ok and again every nights box update crashes the connection. How is this my TVs issu. It is a X! Box software glitch and Cocast needs to fix it!!!!!!!!

Does your Visio television have built-in apps?  If so, open the "You tube" app. There should be a 4K menu on the openning page of the app. Select one of the 4K videos.

When you play it, there should be a black 4K box showing near the title of the 4K video. If you only see HD then you are seeing a lower resolution than 4K (720p, 1080P, or 1440P). Clicking "select" button, then "Option" button under buffer line, opens choice for 4K. Click there will show list checked for resolution originally offered. Click 2160P to force resolution for 4K.

If the video plays in 4K without freezing, your television and broadband Internet speed are fine. This test does not require the need to get to get the 4K DVR working.

Your television might have a bad HDMI port, or maybe you didn't get the source set to that port correctly. Comcast should be able to figure that problem out.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.