Community Forum

' Last watched' not working properly

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Most Valued Poster

Re: ' Last watched' not working properly

@tstevensufl96 wrote:

I do no have the "show next episode" turned on. I agree that it is no longer working as intended. 

Thanks for the sanity check on 'show next episode'. I doubt anything will be done about this feature not working as it should and thats too bad because it was so nice to have.

Regular Contributor

I do no have the "show next episode" turned on. I agree that it is no longer working as intended. 

Most Valued Poster

@tstevensufl96 wrote:

I have had this happen to me as well. For me, it seems like it depends how far along in the recorded show I am. If I am far enough along that the DVR thinks the show has been "watched", it will begin playing the next episode instead of resuming. If I am 10 minutes in a 30 minute recorded show, I pause, go to a live channel, when I push last, it shows the recorded show with the blue progress line. I am able to resume if I select it. If I am 25 minutes in to the 30 minute show, I pause, go to a live channel, when I push last, it shows the recorded show with the "watched" indicator. If I select the show in hopes of resuming, it does not, instead it starts the next episode. 

---

This is getting complex isn't it? I think the feature has to be broken after hearing what you had to say. So we are supposed to keep track of how long we have been watching a recorded show so we know how 'last' is going to work? My goodness! Do you have something set to 'show next episode'? We don't 

I have never paused a recording before switching to live channel. All I ever had to do was go to a live channel and then go to the 'last' list and choose the recording and it would resume where it left off. That is the way it was designed as far as I know and it never failed until recently.

@ComcastKenF.....I have not tried the 'exit' method as you said you did. This is complex enough. All i know is that it is not working as it should and I use the feature a lot. Perhaps the last update messed it up...this has happened many times with updates in the past...breaking something that was not intended.

Expert

@tstevensufl96 wrote:

I have had this happen to me as well. For me, it seems like it depends how far along in the recorded show I am. If I am far enough along that the DVR thinks the show has been "watched", it will begin playing the next episode instead of resuming. If I am 10 minutes in a 30 minute recorded show, I pause, go to a live channel, when I push last, it shows the recorded show with the blue progress line. I am able to resume if I select it. If I am 25 minutes in to the 30 minute show, I pause, go to a live channel, when I push last, it shows the recorded show with the "watched" indicator. If I select the show in hopes of resuming, it does not, instead it starts the next episode. 

on mine it gives you the episode list if in last few minutes (like you described).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Contributor

Official Employee

TerriB, OK, let me know the results of the investigation. Also let me know if there is different outcome if you hit "exit" in between the recording the live tv switch. 

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastKenF wrote:

TerriB, Oh I see. I just tested on my box and I could resume from the same point in the recording if I hit exit and then tuned to another channel or if I hit last to go to live TV and back again. I even tried it with the "play next" comcast lab feature on and off and got the same result. 

Yes, this is very weird. Is that happening on all of your recordings?

==

I don't even hit exit. I just tune to another channel while watching the recording and then select the recording I was watching in 'last' list  and thats when it goes to the next episode of the recorded series. It has happened with two recorded series so I guess its not an anomaly. I will try it with others when we are watching them and see what happens.

Official Employee

TerriB, Oh I see. I just tested on my box and I could resume from the same point in the recording if I hit exit and then tuned to another channel or if I hit last to go to live TV and back again. I even tried it with the "play next" comcast lab feature on and off and got the same result. 

Yes, this is very weird. Is that happening on all of your recordings?

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastKenF wrote:

TerriB, Hmmmmm I haven't come across this feature during my personal use. When you switch programs, are you switching from the DVR recorded content to a live TV show or another recorded program? What I do, is I would exit the recording, open up the next program I wanted to watch and watch it. When I want to continue where I left off on the previous recording, I just hit the "last" button, and then select the program and I continue where I left off. 

Hey there...here we are .....fighting another fire together!  This is what I have always done:  While watching a DVR recorded show I switch to a live tv show for a moment or two. Then I hit the 'last' button and select the recorded program I was watching and continue where I left off. BUT now when I hit the 'last' button to return to the recorded program where I left off it starts the next episode of the recorded program I was watching...very very weird.  There is nothing set to 'show next episode' in the settings.

Official Employee

TerriB, Hmmmmm I haven't come across this feature during my personal use. When you switch programs, are you switching from the DVR recorded content to a live TV show or another recorded program? What I do, is I would exit the recording, open up the next program I wanted to watch and watch it. When I want to continue where I left off on the previous recording, I just hit the "last" button, and then select the program and I continue where I left off. 

Most Valued Poster

' Last watched' not working properly

We record a lot of series programs.  Historically while watching one if I switch to another channel for a minute for  some reason and then want to go back to the program I was watching  I press 'last watched' and click on the program episode I was watching and it resumes playback. Lately when I do this it starts the next episode. I checked Labs and I don't have 'next episode' activated and don't know of any other setting that would cause this to happen. No one messes with the settings except me.  The only way I can resume the episode is to go back to the recordings list and find it again. What could have happened? And yes I have refreshed and rebooted.  Thanks