Community Forum

La LIGA bring it back

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

La LIGA bring it back

Bring La liga soccer back 

Frequent Visitor

Re: La LIGA bring it back

I would like to know how is it that a large company like Comcast can't get the rights to televise European soccer. The soccer sports package I bought last year to watch European soccer is useless. You have to get beIN SPORTS USA in your sports package. They have the rights to all European soccer. La Liga Spain's league. The French league & the Italian League. You can see the Premier Lerague thru Fox Sports. My opinion is that the Spanish League (La LIGA) is a better league than the Premier League. Since the majority of the time when English teams play ther Spanish teams they lose. The 2 top Teams REAL MADRID & F.C. BARCELONA are in the Spanish league. How could Comcast not negotiate to get these games but you have the satellite companies in this country with access to all European games. It is absurd that Comcast does not have access to beIN SPORTS USA. The world does not rotate around the US. Please, Please get beIN SPORTS USA. If this continues I might have to drop the Sports package & get me Direct TV to watch my teams in the Spanish league. I am sure that lots of people are going to be dropping Comcast if you people don't get beIN SPORTS USA. Letting you know from a very dissatisfied customer.

Regular Visitor

I agree. It is the only reason I got the sports package and the hispanic channels. Now it turns out I can't watch la liga. I am considering switching to Direct TV. Please get BeIN!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

this is absolutely crazyyyyy gol tv is now a useless channel replace gol tv with bein sport!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I'm very dissapointed by Comcast not transmitting the Spanish games.  I don't see the point of having soccer channels if you can see Messi and Ronaldo. 

New Poster

I might drop this service provider, they dont have la liga and DirectTV does!!

Regular Visitor

Agree with you 100%!! I went as far as calling Direct TV and setting up an appointment to change my service. Fortunately, I just read Comcast will be offering La Liga soon. Hope it is sooner than later. We already missed the beginning of the season!

New Poster

Comcast will supposedly add beIN to their sports entertainment package. However, I dont see any official information from comcast saying when they are going to and what channel is it going to be. Since most European League's have started, we need some explanation from Comcast as to why they are not yet providing it. People can resort to other means to watch these games or drop Comcast because of it. As far as I know, DirectTV and DishNetwork are already broadcasting this channel.

New Poster

I am so mad, I have to watch the Barca Games on Crappy  internet feeds. If comcast does not get the rights to the spanish la liga and the italian il calcio.. then that's lame.

New Poster

They have agreed, but nothing is yet setup. More channel yet
Frequent Visitor

Hi to everyone that love Spanish soccer!

What has happend with live La Liga? Comcast had it on Fox Soccer and TV Gol until a few monts ago!

Why did it desapear?

What option do we have to watch the Spanish league live again?

Regards!

George

New Poster

I spoke with them today. Comcast will have LaLiga in beIN Sports, however it will only start in September 6, for some areas
New Poster

I agree 100%.

If next year you guys don't get the rights for the Spanish and Italian league, I am switching sevice provider!

New Poster

I agree 100%.

Frequent Visitor

Yes,

La Liga is the best league and it has Messi and Ronaldo. You can't find players like them so easy!

New Poster

If comcast does not get La Liga games I am switching to DirectTV

Regular Visitor

I absolutely agreed that COMCAST is crazy not to carry the best soccer in the planet: The spanish Soccer League LA LIGA. They moved the games to BeIN  which I CANNOT get. This really gets me mad and I am trying desperaratel to let COMCAST go ... and look for other solutions.

I called COMCAST and they told me .... the channel will be coming to my city in 8 weeks. We will see... meanwhile I have not been able to watch the only soccer I care to watch. Even my wife is upset now that she cannot see Messi score goals.

Note to COMCAST ... do your job!  

I am in Zip Code 94566   - Make it Happen COMCAST.

New Poster

They just launched bein sports in the Miami Area.  Look for it is great. All the missing games are there.  I complained back in August for not seeing La Liga, but it's back (at least in Miami).  

Good luck.

New Poster

God news guys,

BeIN is on channel 651 in the latino package. I live in California/ San Francisco bay area.

Good Luck!!

New Poster

If Direct TV carries then it wont be long before COMCAST looooses alot of Subs.  Good luck Comcast.

New Poster

You need to learn Comcast that football, or soccer as it is called here in the US is the WORLDS game and there are those of us who would pay extra to watch La Liga.  Ligue Un.  Bundesliga etc...   I suggest a COMPLETE soccer package for those of us who love the most beautiful game in the world.  

New Poster

Does anybody from Comcast read this posts?  I beging to wonder how many posts are needed for Comcast to consider doing something about it, or at the very least, to give us an answer.

Two of my friends are considering DirecTv, or any other cable company that would give them an oportunity to watch La Liga games.

Northville, Mi

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/9664a87f/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Official Employee

@smi0211 wrote:

Bring La liga soccer back 

Thanks for your feedback.

As many here know, the changing television rights landscape also has beIN Sports as a rights-holder and a fairly recent entrant into soccer television with some important matchups.

Our programming team is in tune with this changing situation and they talk with our soccer and sports network providers regularly.  

There is La Liga coverage on beIN Sports en Espanol, available in many Comcast areas.   

http://www.beinsports.tv/la-liga

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Ted, howcome we only receive the one Bein sports feed?

If I check their schedule there is a whole channel with other content (called Bein Sports TV) and then the channel that we get (called BeinN Sports TV).

If I look at the comcast guide it only has the BeinN Sports TV schedule on both the english and spanish channel.

I'm not sure if it's incorrect in the online guide, or do we just not receive the other channel?

Official Employee

@grantsa4 wrote:

Ted, howcome we only receive the one Bein sports feed?

If I check their schedule there is a whole channel with other content (called Bein Sports TV) and then the channel that we get (called BeinN Sports TV).

If I look at the comcast guide it only has the BeinN Sports TV schedule on both the english and spanish channel.

I'm not sure if it's incorrect in the online guide, or do we just not receive the other channel?

Comcast only currently offers the one beIN channel; beIN Sports en Espanol.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!