Community Forum

LEDs not lighting up when box is on

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

LEDs not lighting up when box is on

I had a medium sized non dvr box in one room, a smaller satellite box in another. I upgraded to DVR, was sent two XG1-P boxes. Swapped the boxes and power cords out, used the same coax and hdmi from old boxes. The box that was installed where the medium sized non dvr box was originally is working normally. The power button is lit up green, the clock is displaying correct time, and the record button is lit red as something is recording. However, where the satellite box was, the front is completely dark, no backlights, led lights or clock lights. However, I can hear it running and I can watch tv on it. Does anyone know what my issue is?

Official Employee

Re: LEDs not lighting up when box is on

Probably a box that shouldn't have made it through quality control or the lights are set to off.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Went through the settings and the light settings are set to 3 which is max. Confirmed this with the main set.

Expert

@adelro12987 wrote:

Went through the settings and the light settings are set to 3 which is max. Confirmed this with the main set.

adding... swap out that green power button DVR too. it is the first - oldest- version, has slower menu, has unfixed intermittent sound problems, and has only 5 tuners not 6 tuners. Ask for a vers 3 or vers 4 (4k) xg1.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi adelro12987,  please let us know if you still need assistance.

Thank you